1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Claudio97, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Claudio97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So today it's my birthday. I was celebrating it with her. And her boyfriend. I don't want to ruin our friendship but i think I'm starting to have feelings for her. I still have to officially come out to her even though I'm pretty sure she already knows about me being a lesbian. She's still sharing a lot of things with me and she's giving me confusing signals. I actually don't know what to do.

2. PJ94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would advise you not to act on it. For personal experience. I started to fall with my close straight friend about to month ago. And I hooked up drunkly last weekend with him. We got drunk and thing got freaky. We haven't spoken since the day after, when we texted for a while and he told me he couldn't remember a thing from that night. He haven't even opened the last text I sent him. I'm really sad atm, I feel that I lost him and that we might never be friends again. So my advice is that unless you're sure your friendship can survive whatever you want to do, don't go for it. You might end up more heart broken than what an unrequited crush ever feels. This is just my opinion from recent personal experience tho. I truly wish you the best of luck!

Claudio97 likes this.
  3. Cinnamon Bunny

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Happy Birthday Giulia! :slight_smile:

Unless your friend is single, expresses she is bi and interested in you, it's not advantageous to pursue her. Friends can start to put up walls if they feel uncomfortable/awkward, this is especially true about one-sided romances.

A good first step is to come out to her. That way she knows for sure you're into girls. So if she could be interested in you, she can make a move.

Other than that, maybe start dating or find girls who are into women?

Claudio97 likes this.
  4. Claudio97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First of all thank you for your replies. The thing is that we hang out almost everyday and her boyfriend is often with us. I really like this friendship and it would be awful to lose it. These feelings are confusing me and i just want to ignore them.
    About the dating, i don't even know anybody that belongs to the lgbt+ community and i'm not out yet. So how do i find anyone?

5. Cinnamon Bunny

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hanging out all the time tends to lead to romantic feelings. You could try hanging out with other friends more to help ease your feelings.

Being "out" helps with dating because people can find you more easily or people you know can intoduce you to other girls. There are also free dating sites (which I can't list any because it gets censored) that might be a good start. You could also attend LGBT+ meeting to meet more people, who may know more lesbian and bisexual girls.

#5 Cinnamon Bunny, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  6. SeulgiBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, i don't know what you should do but you can tell her you like girls, and see what happens after.

7. Claudio97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'll try that. Thanks for your help !

8. Claudio97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's definitely something i have to do

9. SeulgiBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You shouldn't really worry, (i'm not sure if say this to you because you can misunderstand) because is some cases (in SOME, i'm not saying all, and this what the reason why i'm not sure if say it) some straight people fall in love with gay people, because i used to think that i was in love with my ex-spanish teacher and she seemed that she used to love me too and i had a canadian friend who loved me too and both of them are straight girls. But it is not like those two previous cases always so take care because you could lost a friend.

10. Claudio97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well i don't think that's my case but I'm pretty sure she already knows. I want to tell her because i want to be a bit honest with her. I just have to find the right moment