1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Membership application status

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by junebug99, Nov 10, 2017.

1. junebug99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,
    I was wondering when the option to become a full member will be available again? Thank you!

2. Suomi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's kinda fucked up they just totally got rid of it when they renovated the board. Yet still allowed people to have their banners next to their name. Ugh.

#2 Suomi, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  3. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not available right now, but that doesn't mean we have "got rid" of it. We still intend to re-open the application process for full membership, but there are other priorities for the staff team and as we're all volunteers with offsite commitments and responsibilities, it's taking longer than we might have hoped. When we re-open the application process we'll make sure people know.

4. Suomi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As I know I'm not gonna be considered as a full member anyways so mind my attitude, Im' just concerned for other members.

I still think you owe it to the members to not have a half assed response like that.

It's very unprofessional as the site has been relaunched for a little over a few months now, so I'm finding that really hard to believe.

All people have to do is PM a staff member and they can be assessed from that. I don't understand.

I just don't think it's fair that you allowed people to still keep their full members badges, yet get rid of the full member feature, like they are special or something.

You did get rid of the full member feature. Regardless if it's temporary unavailable for regular members to sign up, you did get rid of it, so please don't sugarcoat it like that.

I'm sorry.

#4 Suomi, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  5. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    They owe us nothing, isnt providing the services of this forum free of charge enough? Shame on you.

6. Suomi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is supposed to be an accepting LGBT open minded space right?

I don't think it's fair they suspended the full member feature.

Yes you have to sign up, and it's not for certain you'll be accepted no, but I don't think it's right that even someone who wanted to be a full member, couldn't be.

I might understand more if they just got rid of it altogether, instead of partially. With allowing people who are already full members to have the badge next to their name.

To me that's just clearly unfair, and showing kindness to some, but not to tall.

#6 Suomi, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  7. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you had been around the forum for as long as some of us, you'd know how often they're updating and fixing bugs on the site. Sometimes it means not being able to access certain features, if you're able to access EC at all. It's not something intentional, done out of spite.

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I think you have it all wrong. They haven't gotten rid of the feature and just left the banners the feature is still there it's just that currently they can't take any new applications. They are working through the bufixes and issues as quickly as they can considering they are volunteers and I'm sure if Patrick knew more information about when it would be ready he would have said but the truth of the matter is that they don't know when it will be sorted. You have no idea how easy or hard it is for them to get the function working behind the scenes.

I'm sure in your opinion I would defend them because I am a full member but really the only thing full members can do that regular members can't is pm other full members, which I appreciate because of the contact details rule is frustrating but regular members can pm staff so if it really is something they need to discuss then they are still able to. It's not perfect sure but then life rarely is.

My question is why are you so bitter and angry?

9. Suomi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Again, finding that really hard to believe and let that sit.

It's as simple as having members apply by private message, someone who is a staff member going on their profile and adding them to the usergroup. lol.

It's as simple as fucking that.

I'm not doubting the board has other kinks and stuff, but as far as the full member feature is concerned, that can be very easily rectified by as how I mentioned above.

So that very simple, elementary procedure, takes months to fix?

Smh.

Also, PM'ing other members is a good feature to have. The special badge you get next to your name is also a good accolade to have. Access to the chat room, those are just a few extra features.

So don't' act like being a full member isn't that inclusive, it very much is.

I'm not bitter. I'm really not that angry, just concerned, puzzled and confused.

But I will be both if you keep insulting me like that.

#9 Suomi, Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  10. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok then why do you show your concern, and confusion in such an aggressive manner?

Rather than venting in such a way if you have some expertise or knowledge in the area why didn't you volunteer some of your time to help out.

I never denied pm'ing other full members wasn't a good feature to have I merely pointed out that is the only difference currently as there is no chat room that you speak of or as far as I am aware any other features available to regular members.

11. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    @Suomi are you okay? the language and tone of your writing makes it sound like you are looking for a fight. If you have issues, talk them out here.

12. Suomi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No I'm not, but it doesn't have to do with this thread. I appreciate your concern.

13. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Just stay safe and try to relax.

14. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation: