1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long-term relationships: sex gets better or worse?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by WolfDane, Nov 21, 2017.

1. WolfDane

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Me and my boyfriend have been together for 3 years. But our sex life has been getting stronger and more passionate as time goes by.

Still, our friends (who are all straight, except for one bi) tell us that, after a year, more or less, their sex lives with their partners become less interesting and that "the flame starts fading".

So, I'm wondering about other gay couples: how has it been for you? Could this "fading sex" thing be more common when it comes to straight couples? Or is it all about the level of chemistry between people?

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’ve been with the same guy for 2 years now, and our sex life is still great all around. We change things up every so often so it’s not always the same thing every time.

When we have sex it’s like you said: more passionate. The sex we have now, compared to when we first got together, has more meaning to it. However, we have not been having sex as much as we did before. But with that said, when we do have sex, it’s much more fulfilling and passionate than if we were to do it all the time (which I am completely fine with).

I think it comes down to chemistry. My boyfriend and I work quite well together because of how similar our values and beliefs are (despite that we have different political views). If we leave out the sex, there’s so much more we can do, like support each other for future achievements.

3. WolfDane

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You seem to know each other very well. Knowing what works for you two makes a huge difference. It's interesting what you said about changing things up from time to time... I've talked to my boyfriend about this a while ago, because we basically always did the same thing and I thought he could be sick of it, but it turns out we both love what we do and don't want to change it. I guess it works for us.

I think you hit the spot when you said that it has more meaning now. Maybe that's why it feels better and better each time.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Jax12 likes this.