1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do you have a lot of friends?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by faultyink, Nov 19, 2017.

1. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    this is a stupid question, but im asking because i always assume if someone has a lot of friends they'd never want to be friends with me, because they wouldnt care to put in the effort to be my friend because they have enough friends already. is this even true?? or am i just overthinking

2. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Used to, but life got in the way

3. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, I have two I would consider a friend. Then just a bunch of people I talk to. I don't tend to meet up with them a lot, either because we're at separate universities or doing work, although we do talk a lot on messenger.

If someone has lots of friends, then they probably like having lots of friends, and would make time for each of them.

#3 Secrets5, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have two and they're both online friends. Well, technically one is an online/IRL split...we have met in person a total of five times, but have never lived close. She acts the same in person and our families have met each other in person as well.

No close distance friends at the moment.

Honestly, the same can happen if they have a small amount of friends too...some people only want two friends, other can keep collecting friends without limits.

5. Srinath

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Dude, I don't have a single friend to talk to :frowning2:

6. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    well, you can talk to me whenever you need!!

7. Srinath

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you faultyyink. I don't think what's wrong is with other people. I don't know how to make friends and how to talk accordingly so. Thank you.

8. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it seems as though everybody has a ton of friends when really its just an illusion. I have two online friends, one irl good friend, and several people that I might ask to hang out but don't really consider friends.

Aside from online friends, I rarely get texts, maybe like 5 snaps a day, and hang out with friends once every 1-3 weeks. I think I appear to have a much greater social life than I really do. But hey, people get busy with work, school, bfs - Tis life

9. fadedstar

fadedstar Guest

Not one, although I have acquaintances from the past who I don't really see any more. If I was to bump into one of them randomly there might be a bit of small talk but that's about it I think. I'm not going to pretend it doesn't affect me. It can be soul crushing at times, especially as I have strained to non existent connections with family these days. It would be nice to have someone I could rely on to cushion the blows of life (that's probably why I'm here.)

#9 fadedstar, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2017
  10. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    nope, I used to when I was a kid, big group of like 5 friends. but then I got really really ill and hospital consumed all of my remaining childhood and 90% of my teenage years (if it didnt id be dead so there was no other way). so I didnt get to have friends, I didnt get to be young like that. so I missed the train so to speak.

11. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

I never had many friends growing up. I’ve always been used to having two or three friends at a time. I currently have two close friends. I have quite a few acquaintances at work, but I wouldn’t consider them friends...we just say hello in passing, and sometimes we share ideas and collaborate at work. Of my two closest friends, one of the lives in another state (so we don’t get to spend time together much anymore), and the other one has a lot on her plate currently...so we don’t hang out much these days either.

12. Bluebird03

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't have tons of friends, but that's okay. In real life (friends I can actually meet up with) I have two really good friends I see often. I have some other sort of friends? If I see them when I'm out we stop and catch up, but we don't really talk anymore. I knew them in school so I only hang out with them now if we are all doing a group get together and my other two friends are involved! Online wise I have three good friends, I'd say. :slight_smile:

13. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have very few friends, probably five or six if you stretch the definition to its breaking point and include people I consider friends but talk to like once per year. If you narrow that to people who would really care if they never talked to me again, it's honestly like one, at most. I had a lot more friends and a better social life when I was a kid, but at this point I'm basically irrelevant to the entire world with the exception of my family.

14. Sealgirl19

No. I used to have a good amount but stupid stuff happened. Now I have very few. Sometimes I miss the people but not the drama.

15. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm part of a social group that organizes events every week, and it's especially designed for people who don't have friends and just need something to do socially. So a lot of the members of this group are my friends. It suits me fine. I don't want to be friends with everyone I meet, and I am open to friendships with people outside of the group, depending on what circumstances we meet in. But I have as many friends as I feel like I need.

16. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No I just have a few close friends and I think that's fine. Now if I had a bf then my life would be complete.

17. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a child I never had more than one or two friends at a time. During the ages 15-18 I had no friends. After moving to University I've made several wonderful friendships with some of the people I live with, and I can honestly say they're my bedrock.

I often thought as you do, that everyone else already has friends and so I shouldn't attempt to connect because I would only be a burden. But that isn't true. Friendship is like a chemical reaction, it happens differently between any two people. You'd bring out a unique side of someone, and vice versa. So give yourself a chance. Take risks, laugh and cry, let yourself trust. But most of all learn to be your own best friend and your own hero for when others cannot be there for you.

#17 Kodo, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  18. HerRainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have at least 10 people that I would consider as really good friends and we've been friends since school. I drifted away from them for a bit but in the last year we have got much closer which is nice.

I wouldn't say I had a ton of friends but even if I did, I think there's always room for more as I like getting to know new people :slight_smile:

19. timo

Actually, yes I do. But even then, I'm always open for meeting new people and making new friends. The more, the merrier.

20. WolfDane

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm the kind of guy who focus on quality over quantity. I don't care "how many". I want them to be :trophy::medal: