1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jack Lee, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Jack Lee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am currently at school, everyone is making me go out with girls. I can't just say i'm gay. I dont have the confidence. It will get to my parents. I am worried how they will react. They will always be saying about how i will find a girl friend but that's not me. I told my brother i was gay. He thought i was joking and said i will probably like girls in the future. My anxiety is getting worse day by day. My parents probably wont believe me. Mt dad would flip out. I just see it as awkwardness. Me having to talk about it. Whenever something about people being gay comes on the TV i hide from my parents. I cant deal. People at school have said are you gay i go no.
    No doubt im proud of who i am i just cant show it.

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Jack Lee....Hey Jack, a U.S. High School teacher of 41 years here and I am gay! I have watched quite a few kids deal with your situation. I know how difficult it is...many of them came to talk to me about it...never knowing that I was just like them in so many ways. Sometimes school is just not the place to come out. Some guys love school and their friends and others just pray for it to be over and done with. You have, however, made a great first step....talking to us here on empty closets. I took a quick look at your previous posts and see that you have gotten some good advice and encouragement already! But for now, what should you do?
    1) Stay in touch with us here on EC. We will do our best to encourage you and help however we can.
    2) Since there does not seem to be any support groups in your school...you really need to get in touch with a support group somewhere else. You have access to a computer or a phone so you need to contact FFLAG, The Trevor Project, LGBT Foundation, Stonewall UK. There are others, but these are all in the UK. Finding someone to talk to, to get support from is really important.

We will do our best to be there for you...don't hesitate to post and ask questions or just rant and blow off steam! ....David

3. Jack Lee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks so much for your advice. I wish I had someone like you in my school. I will definitely get in contact with a support group and will definitely stay on empty closets it feels good being out on here. It being full of supportive people like you. It just feels so good getting things off my chest.

Thanks Again

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Jack Lee....It's so important to keep talking...don't "bottle up" your emotions, your frustration, your pain. Share it with us and the burden that you carry will be so much lighter. I was like that...never told anybody about the agony I was going through...it only made it worse. There are many, many people who have had to go through the same kind of things that you are going through. Let them...let us help you with the knowledge we have gained from those experiences. You can post here...starting a new thread or you can post on individual's profile. For example, if you want to send me a message, click on my user name "Quebec". Then click on "Profile Page" in the pop-up box that shows up. It's blue. On the next page you will see my Avatar and right next to it is a box labeled "Write Something". That's all there is to it. You can do this to send messages to anyone on EC. If you don't want to start a new thread...this is the way to ask questions of people that you think may be helpful to you. The messages are not private, but they are not out in front of everyone in one of the forums. Talk to us...keep us updated....we want to help, don't "bottle up" bad stuff...spill it out to us, get it out of your system and let us give you a helping hand. I so wish that I had someone to talk to and ask questions of when I was your age...I thought that I was the only person in the world who felt so confused. I was isolated and it hurt me terribly....we don't want that to happen to you. So stay in touch with us!!! We do care....David

5. Jack Lee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm glad I have found someone who has felt the way I'm feeling at the moment. I am definitely going to keep everyone updated. I feel like there's someone to talk to now. I know I'm not alone. Everyone at school thinks of me as always happy, it's just my disguise. At home I just feel so anxious when I'm around my parents. Im always in my room thinking about being gay and how to tell everyone. I sometimes cry in my room from bottling up my emotions from school.

Thanks for being helpful.

6. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Jack.... I made a post on your profile. Go there to check it out....David