1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello ^^

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Bluebird03, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Bluebird03

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi there!

I'm Bluebird, and it's lovely to meet you all! :slight_smile: I am 19 years old and from Canada. I am not completely certain of my sexuality, but lately I have been feeling like lesbian is better suited to me than bi or pansexuality! I have been questioning myself for a few years now and it was only relatively recently that I admitted to myself there is very much a part of me that is attracted to girls. It has been a rocky path so far, but I'm hoping it gets easier.

I live in a small town with just my dad. Unfortunately, both my dad and my town are pretty homophobic. This has impacted my coming out process. I haven't come out to any people I know in person, but I've told a couple online friends my sexuality. I would love to move to some place more accepting in the future!

At the moment I am taking a year off of school to work. I am fairly certain I would like to go to school for Early Childhood Education, I'm just not sure where I want to go yet. I'm also a bit nervous about college since I had a pretty miserable time in high school! I guess we just have to see how it works out. I am saving up this year, partially for college but also because I would love to visit Ireland this summer!

I don't want to ramble on for too long so hopefully this is enough. :slight_smile: I would love to make some new friends, especially friends in the LGBTQ+ community since I don't have any around me! Thank you for taking the time to read about me. :slight_smile:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to the community. EC is a great place to make some new friends, and find acceptance. You have already completed the hardest steps of them all: you have come to your self. That's pretty awesome. :slight_smile:

I'm sorry to hear though that you live in a homophobic environment; hopefully you will be able to find some support. Once you have enrolled in a college, it might offer you opportunities to come out, and join different kinds of support and social groups.

Welcome aboard, and enjoy your visits.

3. Bluebird03

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you so much for your reply! :slight_smile: I'm still tackling the process of coming out to myself (I struggle with internalized homophobia) but I feel like I'm a lot farther than I was a few years ago, at the very least! I'm really happy to have found a community like this, I think it will be nice to talk to other people who understand what's going on.

That's also a really good point about college! I just have to take the step and enroll in a college that's not my hometown. I'm a really cautious/anxious person so even though my town is homophobic it's still home, you know? Going to college here would be the safe option, although I don't know if I'll be very happy with that decision. Ah. I can put off deciding for a while longer at least!

4. dannyway23

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You sound like a very nice person Blubird. Take your time in figuring out your sexuality and coming out. I'm really glad you're taking a year off to figure things out before making a big step. BTW, Early Childhood Education is a great career prospect. Good luck.