1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you feel older or younger than you really are?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SeulgiBunny, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Nils

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I was a kid I felt older than I was but now I feel a lot younger. At least, online. IRL I feel older. So much older.

2. Quatscher

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All my life, I felt like an old man. In my family of origin, innocence, playfulness, and fun were viewed as immature. BUt it really asked the crude emotional immaturity of my parents.

Now, I finally feel like I've grown into my character. And I can go back and be playful, seek pleasure, seek fun. PArt ofthat playfulness is sexual play, too, which I never felt I could allow myself. Never too late.

3. skittlz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes I feel like I act like anything but my age. I somehow like to listen to talks about semiotics once in a while, I'm also rather to myself, and my fitness level is equivalent to the typical 90 year old man. I think that's why the most engaging conversations seem to be with adults: I appreciate how older people tend to be more well informed and calmer in demeanor. But at the same time, I love to hang out with kids and make fart jokes with them. Also, I always find the kind of questions kids ask me really funny. (Isn't croutons just dry bread? You just said that tomato is a fruit because it has seeds, so do poppy seed muffins count as a fruit? Why isn't black tea called brown tea and green tea called yellow tea?)

4. GlassWalls

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel mentally as though I am about ten years older than I actually am. I prefer to read books about past eras and I stopped acting childish around the age of twelve. I had to pretend to be younger and more innocent then I was to fit in at school. Now I'm glad all that's over with and I can be my true, old-person self.

5. Ride2Relax

Older... and not in a good way. But my life lately is work/sleep/eat/work rinse and repeat, so that doesn't help :smile:

6. mask1985

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In perpetual adolescence and happy with that - being an adult is way too scary, I think it's because I realised I was bi then and in a wonderful and unexpected relationship and need to eternally maintain that feeling.

7. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't feel like I'm 41 and I don't think I look like a 41 year old. Compared to some people my age, I'm wearing okay. I'd be stretching it to say that I feel like an 18 year old, because I really don't, but definitely don't think 41.