1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to find a bf

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rlong2000, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Rlong2000

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm in eight grade and I know for a fact no one there is gay. I've been out for like a year now. How am I supposed to find a guy. The only gay guys I knew are in hs now so I can't talk to them. Thxs

2. SeulgiBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'd sugesst you dating apps but you are still a kid so idk, try to look for places where gays are; i got the same problem than you tbh but here where i live is almost impossible find a place where lesbians are.

3. Rlong2000

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ok thx for the advice

4. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would strongly advise against dating apps. If you are in the 8th grade you are likely to be below 18 which is the legal limit for most apps. Besides, those apps are typically for hooking up which probably isn't what you are looking for anyway.

Unless your school is really small chances are that you are not the only gay boy in the school. Is there an LGBT club in the school you could join? Or are there any LGBT associations off school in your areas where you could meet other LGBT ppl of your age and in the similar situation?

5. FluffyLightFox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    1. Give up on finding a boyfriend as a finality, it will make you look desperate (there's a sticky thread on that, you can read it ; perhaps you'll be less desperate than I was when I finished reading it)
    2. Make friends, keep your friends, and be out as much as possible
    3. Wait for it to happen, eventually
    4. Do stuff and don't think about it in the mean time. You're a much better partner if you spend your time cultivating your personality/assets rather than obsess over getting a relationship.

Bonus rule :
    5. Avoid dating apps, at all cost. You're still a middle schooler for chriminy's sake.

6. Rlong2000

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah I wasn't going to use dating apps. There aren't any lgbt clubs because I Live in a fairly conservative and small town. Thanks for the advice I'm moving soon so fingers crossed

7. mlansing

This may not be what you want to hear, but considering that you are in 8th grade, I would shelf the goal of getting a boyfriend and focus on being active in your school. Get good grades, join clubs, play sports, do things that help you grow and become a whole person, and if along the way you find you have chemistry with a classmate or teammate or lab partner or art club member or whatever, then allow yourself to explore it.

You have the rest of your life to worry about getting a bf; take your time in school to grow in body, mind, and spirit and become the best you you can be. Ironically, focusing less on getting a bf and more on developing your own person will be the key to ultimately finding a special guy :wink: