1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I regret it each day. I really regret it. Please help me.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by mt1114, Nov 16, 2017.

1. mt1114

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello. I’m a girl and I’m 23 years old. I was in a relationship with a girl (M) for the past one year. I met this girl last August.. I was heartbroken at that time because I was ditched by my 1st girlfriend in 2015. My 1st girlfriend was my 1st love. She ditched me because she said that she loved me only as a friend. But I had hope that she would come back, so we stayed friends as sge suggested. But when I met this new girl (M), she made me fall in love with my life again.
    We came to know each other through a mutual friend. We became close and I asked her out in October. I was her 1st love. She loved me too much and that could be seen from her actions. She made me meet her family and friends. My ex-gf came to know about my new relationship in December. She confronted me by saying that she still loves me but she denied it because we had no future together. She even told my new gf that I was stilll in touch with her. Things became complicated but my new gf forgave me and gave me a new chance.
    My ex-gf was calling me everyday and says that she needs another chance. I was replying to her but in a rude manner. But I was unable to do so because she knew my weakness and she knew I still had a soft corner for her. My new gf came to know about it again, yet she forgave me. My new gf told me not to use facebook because she knew that at the end of the day, I would reached out for my ex-gf.
    After a few months, I was about to rebuild the trust that my new gf had on me but she came to know that I had a fake Facebook account and whatsapp account. Since that day, we grew apart. Discussion was always there since the beginning of the relationship but we always solved it but this time no. I even went to spend a few days at her place for her birthday and everything was okay until I came back home. We fought on every single issue. She joined university in August this year. She made new friends and her friends spoiled her a lot. This made me jealous and was afraid to lose her. I was insecure because we were already on the edge because of my mistakes. I used to text her asking where she is etc. She used to like it before but because of no trust now, she felt irritated with me.
    Finally one day she told me that she needed a break from everything. She told me *we must be best friends first because I want to be friends with the one I love. If you show me that you have changed and you are not obsessed with me, I’ll return back to you immediately*.

We continued to keep in touch and we were meeting each Sunday as we were having course together. I brought her gifts every Sunday and spoiled her in every possible way. But her messages became lesser and mine grew each day. One day she told me *I can’t take it. I consider you as a friend but you don’t. Friends chat everyday but they don’t call. I feel irritated like this. As if you are obsessed with me*. I asked her what to do to prove that it’s false. She told me only text her when necessary. I decided to go for no contact rule but after 2 days I ended up texting her again. She was irritated again and this time she said *let’s talk after 5 days. Don’t worry I will talk to you again*.

She texted me after 5 days (it was Sunday) asking if I have already reached. I just replied yes. She came and met me but she was on the phone. So I went in the corner. She continued talking. After the course we went different ways but then I was missing her. So I called her asking her to meet me. She came and we talked a bit. She said that I didn’t asked her where she was when she texted me and that I didn’t talk to her when she came. Still, we talked and I went to drop her home in the bus. I asked her when she would talk to me again. She said *next year* laughing it away. I asked if she was serious. She said no. I told her do text me if she wants.

Since that day, I got no news of her. Until.. She texted me this Monday.. After 24 days.. She wished me happy birthday (the time she use to wake up). I replied *thank you. You still remember?* she read the message at night but didn’t reply.

I don’t know what to do now. I regret hurting her. I’m ready to do anything. I was thinking of calling a friend of her (her friend is a boy and he knows about me) to ask if he could help me. But I don’t know what my ex has told him about me these days and if the boy would go and tell her that I asked him for help.

Help. I love her. I realised it too late. I’m keeping hope folks. Because when we broke up, she told me *be the way you were before. Be happy. Take care of yourself. Stop being depressed. With time we must stopped talking to each other. Then we’ll miss each other. There are people get back together after a few years.* I know I messed up but I’m ready to do anything.

2. Arianna240985

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Excuse my language as it is not my first language..

Hi there,

I am so sorry about you loosing someone you really love. It seems to me that yes, you guys grew apart, and she just wants you to be her friend. I know it hurts you and i know you still love her, but love and relationships need 2 people in order to work. I think you should try to rationalize this, and see where you made mistakes and what things you can improve when you meet a new person. Like I said, i know you love her and i know it hurts, but I do think it is time for you to move on...or at the very least, give her space to miss you.

3. Arianna240985

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I send you a big hug :slight_smile:

4. SeulgiBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, idk try to rationalize your feelings first, i feel her a little because i know what is have a person behind you all the time, if she doesn't love you, she doesn't love you and if i'd be you it is better get apart or be together with moderation because i feel her, it is annoying that a person That You Don't Love be sending you messages or details everytime; it must hurt a lot but i think if you wanna get her back you should worry about her feelings a little, i mean, try to call her every 3 days but not every single day because that is annoying, have details like "you're cute" but moderately, respect her privacity because it can ends awful and try to control yourself. If you see that she doesn't really love you, just get over it and forget her.

5. mt1114

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for your replies. It made me feel as if I'm not alone.

Well I'm to be blamed for this situation and I totally agree. I got a few things. As horoscope, she is Cancer (does this mean she still got feelings for me).

She wished me the moment she woke up. Shall I take it as a good thing for still having feelings for me?

I'm thinking of calling her tomorrow to break the no contact rule. But I don't know what to tell her to make her feel at ease so that she then text me to be friends again.

Otherwise I can call her friend (that boy) for help. But what to tell him? How can he help?

Please help me. I don't want to give up. I tried to divert my mind by hanging out with collegues but she is just on my mind. Even while going to cinema, I think of her -.-

Can someone really give me some hope and help me in any possible way?

She is just wonderful. She loved me like hell and I lost someone who loved me more than herself. I won't be able to take it. Please. I'm keeping hope. Please.

6. mt1114

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't want to be back with her immediately. I want to win her heart and trust back again. Please help.

7. mt1114

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Can anyone help me please?

8. Temeritas

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You need to make a decision. M or your First love? From the above post you can't have a relationship with both. M can't trust you around your ex and you've been holding that door open hoping for a reconciliation.

If you choose M, you need to start showing her some respect. She asked you not to contact her for x amount of time - so stop contacting her, It's disrespectful and shows she can't trust you to keep your word.

While you're out of touch with M, delete the fake accounts and sort stuff out with your first.

Being friends isn't working - so tell her that and stop seeing each other, delete all her details, block her number if you have to. If she continues to contact you delete any messages (without reading) and don't answer calls.

When you are allowed to contact M again, you have cut ties (once and for all), you are sorry and you're willing to put in the work to win back her trust.

Then the ball is in M's court - if she gives you another chance, respect her and show her she can trust you - don't get involved with your ex again.

If you choose your ex, say so - tell M Its over and go back to your first love. Don't drag it out.

#8 Temeritas, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  9. mt1114

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have deleted all the social media that I had such as whatsapp and facebook. On top of that, I no longer talk to my 1st ex gf. I love M loads and I have realised it when I have lost her.

She told me not to talk to her for 5 days on 16 Oct. After 5 days, we met. We talked casually. I then asked her when she would talk to me again. She said next year. I asked her if she was serious about talking again next year. She said no. After that, I went for no contact rule and she didn't contact me again.

She texted me this week to wish me. I just replied her *thank you. You still remember?*. She didn't reply.

Shall I take it as if she is waiting for me to make the 1st step?

Shall I break the no contact rule? Or shall I ask her friend for help?

And if I should contact her, what shall I say to her to feel at ease and so that she continue to keep in touch?

10. Temeritas

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From what M has said, she feels like you are obsessed with her, and she needs a break. Don't contact her or the boy - she had the opportunity to reply on your birthday, and chose to end the conversation.

She advised you to sort yourself out - so focus on that. Everyone has a blueprint of who they are supposed to be in thier head, and if you don't match the basic things you need to feel happy in your own skin, you can't really offer someone a healthy relationship.

For example - The most important part of my blueprint, is 'androgynous with an athletic figure' - without that I feel akward and really unhappy, which affects my confidence and impacts how I relate to others.

A lot of the time people look for someone to 'complete' them. You are not half a person. Your partner isn't there to make you 'whole'. - They are there because they love who you are, and how being around you makes them feel.

At the moment you are coming off as obsessed and desperate.. so its not surprising she feels annoyed by your texts - you are not together at the moment, stop with the gifts and desperation to spend every minute with her, its not your business where she is - give her space.

When she met and fell for you the first time - she fell for you because of your confidence and personality, find that again then you'll be in a place to move forward.

11. mt1114

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I should keep on with the no contact rule and wait for her to contact me by herself?

I haven't contact her after she hasn't replied.

#11 mt1114, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  12. Temeritas

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    New Year is coming up. Friends wish each other a happy xmas and a happy new year.

See if she contacts you at xmas, if she does - don't go off the deep end and profess undying love. You are friends, wish her a merry xmas - maybe make plans for a mate date in January. Right now you need to get your own stuff together.

13. mt1114

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm working on myself and it's going well. But M is on my mind everyday. Heartache; sad songs; she is always on my mind.

All I fear that she might forget me and doesn't give me another chance, especially when I have learnt a lot from my past mistakes.

I'm ready to wait for her next message. But I fear. I always feared of losing her and eventually, I did lost her. I fear that she is waiting for me and I'm doing nothing. I fear she is losing hope and I'm doing nothing. I fear she doesn't love me anymore and I'm doing nothing. It hurts. Too much. Each day, each night, each morning, each moment I'm working.

14. mt1114

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    #sorry I have been a bit too sensitive these days.

15. Temeritas

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a lot of fear in your post. Scared of losing her, scared she'll forget you, jealous of time with friends.

You need to adress your insecurity - you're her first love, she'll never forget you and before all of this, she chose to be with you.

The only thing you can do, is work on yourself. If she wants to talk - she knows how to contact you.

When I first came out I was talking with a girl online, we'd talk until morning basically every night. I met her in RL after a few months chatting and she was stunning.. people actually stopped in the street to look at her.

I figured she'd never be into me like that, but I loved her, and she was my best friend. I did ask her out, but she let me down gently each time.

I didn't know what to do as she was on my mind all the time. So I stayed around (as a best mate) My friends told me it wasn't good for me and I didnt care. It killed me to listen to her debate about who to date, we'd go out clubbing together and I would have to step back for someone else to chat her up - but I never let her see it hurt, or stopped her doing anything.

After about a year I threw a theme party for her (because she was going to miss something she really wanted to go to because she had to work). It was a great night, but at the end she took her ex to bed and I sat downstairs with her mate watching the sun come up. He said to me that if she wanted me I'd be the one she took upstairs.

And he was right, so I started seeing her less - getting myself together. I wasn't at her beck and call anymore but we were friends.

I wasn't interested in anyone new yet, but I had basically moved on.

Then one night I was at hers and she said 'I nearly kissed you today'. I asked why - what had I done today I hadn't done in the last 2 years?

Apparently she had been hurt by someone who hadn't figured out her sexuality when she was younger, and she hadn't dated me because I was only just out.

She had spoken to her guy friend, and he asked her if being my friend was enough.. would she be happy to stand back and clap at my wedding? She said no and asked me out that night.

She proposed to me that xmas. We've been together 15 years now.

I'm not saying it will be like that for you and M, I'm just saying it wasn't until I got my self back that she noticed me. - and if she hadn't I was in a place myself that I would have been ok.

Stop listening to evil sad songs get some YMCA on your mp3 player!

#15 Temeritas, Nov 19, 2017
  16. Destroyed

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My advice wont be sweet. Your first love left you, she never deserved you but you still desperately chased her. Thats a bad sign. Then the second one you get true love, you now treat it like trash and again threw away love, now that the second one is no longer interested in being abused and toyed with. You suddenly want the second one wholeheartedly. Yeap, i think you need to deal with yourself first, you love people when they arent interested in you. Its like a game for you, to chase love, then when you get it, you switch off. When they are interested, you get bored and leave them. Maybe its time to forget the two, like literally and start your life a fresh, with a new girl that you will treat right and respect. Learning from your past life lessons. Question later should be are you ready to truly fall in love and commit with someone that loves you back and you love them back? Are healthy relationships your home or you love unhealthy relationships?

#16 Destroyed, Nov 19, 2017
  17. mt1114

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know I should be working on myself right now and I'm trying to do so but sometimes, it becomes so difficult. Also, everyday I find something that makes me more depressed.

For e.g today I was going thro her messages on whatsapp but I noticed something weird. She has no d.p. It's weird since she is someone who use whatsapp more than anything because of her university friends and group chats. Instead of that, I have found she is always active on her mobile skype. Why such a drastic change? When we were together, she used skype only for me. This has been for almost 2 weeks but her status on whatsapp could be seen. This afternoon, there was no status as well.

This made me overthink and now I guess she has changed her number.

This discouraged me more and I guess she is over me now.