1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funny story about how I meet my friends.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Jackie Ray, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I know Ive been posting some pretty depressing stuff lately about my family troubles and conflicts, loneliness, depression, and, my prior substance abuse issues. But I took @Mirko 's advice and took a long walk today. I thought about how I met my best friends and I thought it would be nice to share the funny story with you.

I had been out and living in my new town for a about year and one day I ordered some carry out from a restaurant downtown. When I arrived at the restaurant to pick up my food I was greeted by the hostess who told me to follow her. I figured she was taking me to the kitchen, which I thought was strange but I had never ordered from there before so I thought maybe that was normal there, I didn't know. I was surprised when she led me to a table of three guys and said "Here you are" I looked at the guys puzzled and they looked back at me. She said "Werent you expecting a fourth?", and one of the guys said "yeah my little sister was meeting us here, we dont know this man". The hostess was embarrassed and had assumed I was the fourth guest. She apologized to me us. I am kind of very flamboyant and I preen, they are also clearly gay naturally she assumed I was a friend of theirs.

Anyway we all had a big laugh, I picked up my food and they invited me to join them, the little sister showed up 10 minutes later and we all have been friends ever since. It just goes to show you how accidents of fate can shape your life in positive ways. The weird thing was I knew people that knew them and they never mentioned those guys before, which is odd because straight people are always trying to play matchmaker for gays guys. They are always like " my second cousins coworker is gay I think you two would hit it off great because you are also gay, you two should start dating". So I hope this little story brightens up your days.

#1 Jackie Ray, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for sharing your story, and I am glad the that going for a walk seems to have helped you a little. It looks like that it has allowed you to reconnect with a good memory from the past, which is good to see. :slight_smile: