1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixed Signals

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by alex1170, Nov 18, 2017.

1. alex1170

Hey everyone

So there is this guy that I've been seeing around for about a year now. I always thought he was attractive, but always just assumed he was straight because, well, most are. Regardless I developed somewhat of a crush on him but never pursued anything. Well, recently I found out that he actually likes guys. I ended up seeing him on an online gay app and messaged him through that platform. He actually recognized me before I mentioned anything about seeing him around. He suggested we meet up for a drink sometime, and of course, I said I'd like that.

We switch to texting, but it seems like he always was taking a very long time to respond to any of my texts. He did say he was going to be pretty busy initially, but that he would try to make something work. I suggested a couple of different options and we agreed on one later that week. Unfortunately, he ended up saying he had to raincheck this time around, which I understand happens sometimes. I told him to just let me know when he would be free again.

Well, a week went by and I never heard from him so I decided to send him a text saying maybe I misunderstood and we weren't looking for the same thing. He replied a bit later saying he messed up and forgot. He genuinely felt really bad about it and said he would like to make it up to me by buying me dinner.

Well, that happened last night, and everything went really well, or so I thought. He said he had a great time when we were leaving, and we even shared a kiss before parting ways. Well, it was actually more like we made out for a minute or more. And he initiated it. So I left feeling like the date went really well. I texted him when I got home and said I had a great time. He is going to be out of town all next week so I suggested maybe we could get together tomorrow before he leaves to do something. Maybe that was too forward on my part... but I haven't gotten a response at all from him since I texted him last night after the date. I'm definitely new to dating, but I feel like I can usually tell when a date goes well or not, and he genuinely seemed interested, but maybe I came on too strong or something with my follow up text. Basically, I'm very confused why I haven't heard from him yet, and wondering if that means I misread everything.

2. Gleek99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't say you were too forward. What's wrong with wanting to see him again? Imo, being clear about what you want is a good thing. Keeps confusion out of the picture.

It seems to me like he's either too busy or just not quick to respond, but hey what do i know :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: My advice would be to give it time and see what happens! If he's not interested or not a good fit for you then it's not the end of the world, but if you start a relationship and are happy then, that's great! Don't over think it and keep doing what you do :slight_smile: good luck to you