1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do when you're lonely?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Abdeltyf, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Abdeltyf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello everyone!
    I just wanted to make this simple: what can someone lonely do, not to make loneliness disappear but to make it feel better and adapt? Kind of embrace that part of life without physical harm.

2. Suomi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Find something to distract all that bullshit. I hate being black and gay and feminine and alone. For me it's normally listening to R&B-Hip Hop/Soul/Jazz/Dance or any type of music really. As I have pipe dreams of being a singer, actor and comedian. Ugh. Or looking at funny youtube videos. Watching youtube videos on stuff I like. playing music video games or doing gymnastics or hip hop dancing and doing aerobic exercise.

Or right now, I'm working on this book I'm writing, I'm just typing it up which is this action crime thriller/suspense, novel about a bunch of guys, some of them gay, who rob banks and do other organized and planned crime.

It's not a young adult book, it's very mature and has a lot of heavy stuff in it.

But yeah.

#2 Suomi, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  3. Etimos

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I always used to play video games, preferably single player as they tend to immerse you better and you just forget about everything else. Oddworld abe's odyssey and abe's exoddus is quite a good immersive yet not too serious game which tends to work well for me. Horror games also tend to work well for me, but something like Silent Hill is going to get you sad again.

#3 Etimos, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  4. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    HOBBIES! Find something you enjoy doing that occupies your mind/time. Video games, exercise, traveling, blogging, reading, etc.

5. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As the others have said, you need to find something that you enjoy that can take your mind off of those feelings. For me it's drawing and painting while listening to my favorite music or playing video games. I also exercise every morning and that helps lift my spirits. Are there any activities that can be done alone that you enjoy?

6. Soshu

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I love listening to music on Spotify or watching music videos or other stuff on YouTube. Sometimes I post in another couple of forums (one in particular quite a lot but only casually) or look for other forums to join. Once every now and then I'll go for a drive, but I'm a student without a job so I can't do it too much!

Just do whatever makes you feel happy as it comes, as long as it's a safe and healthy thing to do :slight_smile:

I mean, I don't have any friends at the moment, but distracting myself gets me through. There might be periods in your life like this but it doesn't mean it'll always stay the same.

7. BadassFrost

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah definitely hobbies! Find something you enjoy.
    I, from time to time, feel lonely as well. Especially when my friends have no time to meet (and just chatting doesn't help, I need face to face contact) Something that helps me personally is watching series or movies, playing video games, or just going out and walking around or cycling and listening to music. Or going swimming. Or reading books. There's plenty of stuff...

8. SeulgiBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    think too much.

9. SeulgiBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    and listen japanese or korean music

10. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The worst thing to do here is lie in bed and do nothing, or finish your work and then stare into the figurative abyss of boredom and avoidance. Believe me, I have...a lot of experience doing exactly that. Literally find something, anything, that's interesting or entertaining. I'm currently living at home taking a leave of absence from my hellhole of a university and I find that working on personal projects helps take away some of the despairing loneliness.