1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Why I Hate Kevin Spacey (and you should too!)

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by StarRunner, Oct 30, 2017.

1. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Milo is a racist, self loathing man who has promoted pedophilia in the past.

2. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Wasnt his pedophilia comment a just a crude joke taken out of context? Im not a Milo fan BTW

3. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    He advocated for boys to have sex with men in order to gain experience.

#43 KyleD, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Um, I've been called a pedophile as well as a pedophile-sympathizer in the past because of my sexuality and that has never made me want to hurt a child nor believe that I should. And if you can't trust yourself not to molest a child whilst drunk, you shouldn't be getting drunk in the first place.

6. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You never know with that guy, if he really means it or is just trying to be edgy. He is a hot mess of person, we need to pull his gay card.

7. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm pretty sure he was serious...he did apologize for it (I can't imagine him apologizing for a joke) and said that he was molested but hadn't properly dealt with it. I believe it was on a podcast he was guest starring it.

8. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I dont get him at all, whats his angle? Because to me he sounds like an attention whore who will say anything, I have heard him contradict himself on multiple occasions, I think he just enjoys the attention. Also his hair is ridiculous.

9. fierceclover

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The amount of people automatically leaping to defend Spacey (when he didn't even deny the allegations) is disturbing. Also Rapp did talk about it an interview with The Advocate way back in the early 00s, but the The Advocate REDACTED SPACEY'S NAME since he wasn't out, apparently because someone accused of sexual harassment still deserves privacy (smh). So essentially Spacey used the closet as a shield. Also Rapp reportedly told others before that.

(from the Advocate's writers own mouths):
    https://www.advocate.com/media/2017/10/31/why-did-advocate-redact-kevin-spaceys-name-2001

10. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thats what Im saying he never denied it, why isnt he being charged?

11. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can we just be very clear that there's a consistent pattern of allegations against Kevin Spacey? There are similar stories of harrassing people with whom he works, with virtually all of them coming from men under thirty at the time of the allegations, and especially a pattern of very young men and boys stating they were targeted.

I'm also quite displeased to see the attempts to discredit Anthony Rapp. Like him or not, you are contributing to the ritual humilation of anyone who dares speak out against a popular abuser. And that's not okay. Many of you are not just saying that you're not willing to take him at his word - you are denigrating the character of a person who has made an allegation of sexual harrassment and assault as a teenager against a powerful man, calling him a liar despite the person who was responsible for said assault explicitly chosing to deny it. As a community we deserve heroes, yes. As a community, we must not allow tribal loyalty to disguise the fact that our community is susceptible to this abuse of power and sexual violence just as much as heterosexuals are.

12. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I agree with that wholeheartedly with that. It is definitely not ok. It is like re traumatizing the victim.

13. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

I’m just getting sick of this overblown sexual harassment bullshit that we hear in the media day in and day out. In our sexually driven society, it’s a wonder we raise hell about shit like this, but we don’t do a thing about, say, human trafficking of young girls who are sold into a life of violence, fear, and sexual degradation against their own volition.

14. DoriaN

The pedophilia in hollywood, the slave trade across the world, trafficking and kidnapping of boys and girls to be sold into a terrible (often short) life, the treatment of women in various countries, lack of free speech and religious intolerance even to the point of death, the various treasons committed by governments against their own countries.

But nah, let's give Nintendo crap about Mario wearing a sombrero, because people think they're good calling some things cultural appropriation but really they're self righteous and wicked inside but too blind to see it.

15. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree.

16. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Who isn't being accused of sexual harassment now in Hollywood?

17. Zakku

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    yeah, I totally agree. Other things we could be focusing on: sexual assault, (like you said) Human trafficking, forced prostitution, etc...

#57 Zakku, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  18. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    What you have written is utter and complete crap!

First of all, people who commit sexual assault do so to exert control and power over another person so it has nothing to do with sex but violence. Second of all, human trafficking is basically an extreme form of sexual assault resulting from feeling entitled to another person's body and ignoring that person's right to consent.

They are one and the same thing.

19. cibi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    kevin spacey played it off cool. he actually said that it was 30 years ago so something mightve happend. a lesser being would have protested with all his might. if its true then thats pretty bad but for the radical right it doesnt really matter. they already see all homosexual men as child rapists so this statement where this will be bad for our community is a moot point.

20. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

They’re very similar, but not always completely the same. Both involve sex, violence, power, and lack of consent. Human trafficking is more like selling young women as a sexual commodity against their will. It’s definitely more extreme, like you said, and it’s a very specific sexual crime. It involves sexual assault too, so I agree with that. That really wasn’t what I was trying to say though..I never said that sexual assault and human trafficking were separate from one another. Also, I wasn’t discounting sexual assault or saying that it didn’t involve violence. Just sick of hearing about it in relation to what’s happening in Hollywood & the media. So calm down maybe?