1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kinsey Scale

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ChatNoir7, Nov 15, 2017.

1. ChatNoir7

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    quebec likes this.
  2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I identify as a 6 and consider myself a 6.

However, this quiz is by far the stupidest one I have never taken. It labels me a 4 because I enjoy friendships with both sexes and have heterosexual friends. I fail to understand what this has anything to do with sexual orientation or sexual fluidity. I don't want to date or fuck my friends, and I am very turned off by anything to do with men sexually/romantically to the point I don't relate to 90% of the questioning threads on EC.

I mean, come on. I also enjoy hanging out with my heterosexual family members more than my gay friends, so does that also mean that I'm a 3-4 on the incest scale and secretly want to fuck my family? It's such a pet peeve of mine how so many people define "kinsey 6" as complete hatred of the opposite sex and no "platonic enjoyment" for them. Heterosexuality and homosexuality have nothing to do with who you are friends with or hang out with, so to say I am "more than incidentally heterosexual" for no reason other than "can be friends with men or hetero women" is just...ridiculous.

#2 Creativemind, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  3. ChatNoir7

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with the part about having friends of any sexuality and gender and not think about them that way. I have no idea why it's on the quiz at all. Who you are friends with has NOTHING to do with your sexuality for me at least. I doubt it plays a big part (if any) in the results.