1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can a lesbian be sexually attracted to men during their period?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jenny173, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Jenny173

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know this is a weird question, and to be honest I'm not sure of my orientation, but I've noticed around my period like the week before, and the week of I find men really sexually attractive and I get super turned on. For instance, I have found some men extremely attractive during my period to later not really being attracted to them. I've been attracted to men not during this time but it's only been 2 and it's rare. Im not sure if I'm a lesbian but I trying to find out what other people's experiences are.

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This has never once happened to me during my entire 13+ years of identifying as a lesbian, so I can't say I relate to it.

What I DO think though is that ovulation can make someone more horny and experience frequent attraction. I will get more aroused and excited about women during my period (and never men), but outside of ovulation I just feel asexual to both genders.

3. Boudicca

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Are you attracted to women? You only mention not being as attracted to men when you aren't on your period, but that doesn't make one a lesbian. Like Creativemind said, periods tend to make people horny, so it's completely normal to experience more attraction during that time.

4. Jenny173

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I don't feel attracted to most women although masculine women make me nervous. I don't know if that comes from having a crush or feeling intimidated. I do notice women's boobs though although that might just be an observation. I've never had an actual like butterflies in stomach crush on a woman.

5. ladykiki

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, I thought it was only me. I came out as lesbian this year (I'm 36, so I spent a good few years self-reflecting) but have noticed once in a while around my period I sometimes take a fancy to men. But not just any men, it's usually hyper masculinised male movie characters like Indiana Jones and Hans Solo (Harrison Ford, take a bow).

I've had relationships with men in my early 20's, but I didn't feel right in them. I couldn't be intimate unless drunk, and the thought of it now makes me queasy. When those notions of fancying those men pop up it's usually for a day or two, and usually it's a movie character: the thought of going there with the actual man himself doesn't appeal.

Which make me realise there's a difference between being attracted to someone and finding them attractive. I can think someone is swoon-inducingly attractive BUT not want to go there sexually.

For me personally, I'd say it was a hormonal thing, all my life my actual real crushes were on girls, and now I'm older I can say I see myself only with women. Does this blip of men mean I'm actually bi? Maybe, but I wouldn't say so, it's a fleeting fancy, I don't feel it's solid enough to say it's a sexuality.

You haven't said how old you are, but if it makes you feel better I didn't realise my sexuality until I was 26, it's been a long and sometimes confusing journey to the point I'm at now. Just trust your instinct and don't over think it too much. You don't have to peg yourself to one sex/gender, and over time it may change and that's ok. As long as you're happy, safe, comfortable, that's the main thing.

lil miss hikes and Ruby Dragon like this.
  6. lil miss hikes

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have noticed this about myself too I'd say around the time of ovulation. I get really confused and sometimes am a little thrown off by my feelings but then I will start my period and it's like bam ok, that's what was happening.
    Other than that no attraction to them. And I wouldn't even say it's an attraction. I've pretty much summed it up to hormones and that's it

ladykiki likes this.
  7. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you identify as a lesbian, but have attraction to men, at any point, period or not, then you're probably bisexual. Not saying this in a bad way, but I identify as lesbian, and I have legit never ever had an attraction to men or any man for the matter.