1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tell me what your life has been like since your first kiss

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by junebug99, Nov 10, 2017.

1. junebug99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was curious to know what other peoples lives have been like since your first kiss. I have no experience kissing women and I was wondering how it has changed your life. I'm sure that you feel more complete and are comfortable in your own skin. And if you don't mind sharing tell me what it was like? And how did you meet your first love or your current one?

NeonSocks and LostInDaydreams like this.
  2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A maze ing hahahaha

I have so many things in life which I thought I'd never have.
    I'm sure you already know but I met my girlfriend on EC and she is my first and only and I have no intention of letting her go anywhere.

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    junebug99....I knew I was different by 8-10 years old...by 15 I had know for a while that I was gay (homosexual then). At 15 years old (May 22, 1966), I decided that I could choose to be straight and so tortured myself by pretending for 50+ years. I had my first gay kiss on June 19, 2017....51 years later! My life has not changed much since then...it changed before that starting on Dec 25, 2014 when I finally accepted what I had actually known for decades...I am Gay.....that made the first kiss possible!!! (and it was a really good kiss!) ....David

4. NeonSocks

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people

I just love this so much! I remember my first kiss (straight kiss- will have to report back when the other first happens) was so awkward and just left me thinking, wasn't I supposed to feel fireworks or at least a spark after that? Maybe he was just a bad kisser. Maybe I am just not that into him. Oh if I only knew!

5. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mine was with my current partner. He initiated it, I wouldn't have done. I was so worried about it. I would've happily avoided it, but we'd had a few dates by that point, so I felt I had to go through with it. I don't remember much about it. I was just relieved it was over and done with.

#5 LostInDaydreams, Nov 12, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  6. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, it has only improved since then!

A true gentleman doesn't kiss and tell, but I suppose I can make an exception here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

If you don't count a drunken peck on the lips from a straight friend, my first real kiss was with my current boyfriend. And it was kind of a long way coming. We first befriended each other in an online chatroom back in 2009-2010, and despite being pretty clearly attracted to each other, we decided not to do much about it at first. Distance was too long, we were still new to being out, we didn't feel like just having the opportunity was enough of a reason to go through with it.

But after a couple years, we pretty much decided that it felt right to proceed anyway. Neither of us had put much effort in dating other people (and much effort in hanging out whenever we could), and so we decided to have a formal date. By then it was 2013, so you could say we had spent enough time thinking stuff through :wink:

After dinner, we ended up at his place, and I distinctly remember us sitting next to each other. Until he just looked at me, made a point of folding his glasses and putting them on a table next to him and asked: "May I kiss you?"
    It was a first kiss ever for both of us, so I suppose that it was a bit clumsy to an objective observer, but yeah, I can say it definitely was proof positive both of us were gay and very into each other. I've had many kisses since (hell, I had many more tha very night :wink: ). But it remains a pretty fond one.

Did it change my life though? Well, no. It's not as if I gained new insights or confidence or awareness I didn't have before. Taken by itself, a kiss is just a kiss. The physical sensation is nice, but it didn't suddenly make me come out to people I was in the closet to. Or make me do better at work or with friends. Or make subsequent relaionship issues work themselves out automatically.
    Don't make it into more than what it is, because then you might end up disappointed.

But it was definitely a step along the right path. Proof that the previous steps were the right ones, and that the next ones were on a firmer footing.

IrishEyes and NeonSocks like this.
  7. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Never kissed a woman romantically.
    Unlike many here, I did enjoy my first kisses with boys. I don't like to kiss that much nowadays..

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey @Orchidea123 i am more than happy to reply to your wall message but it won't let me access your profile and wall to reply as it says you limit access.

9. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Following you now!

silverhalo likes this.
  10. Mabel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First kiss with a woman was in college but I was still in a place of dissonance about my sexuality. My feeling was more like this is nice, I’m enjoying it but why is she kissing me, I’m straight? It happened a couple of more times, different women. Boy was I dense. I feel it didn’t change much because I was so closed off to the possibility of being anything but straight.

When I had my first kiss with a woman after I did the emotional stuff to help me see this part of who I am? Well ,that kiss made all those other kisses make sense. It made all those feelings I had had no name for, finally have a place to go. It put me together and made me feel whole and real.

11. biblondegirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just had my first kiss with a woman a couple of weeks ago, and it was amazing. All of the passion I had been missing in my straight marriage materialized in that kiss (which she initiated). It helped that she and I also have a strong emotional connection. It did change my life, and now I feel that I am at a crossroads,at least emotionally (she and I are both married to men).

12. Ashlee Greene

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I met my first love at my job. I felt instantly attracted to her. I think kissing her for the first time made me question myself tremendously, i was shocked to actually face my sexuality for the first time. I was confused, mad at myself for not dating girls sooner (before I got married), mad at myself for not listening to my inner voice sooner etc...because I was getting so aroused by her, it was nothing like I’d ever experienced before.
    After we started having sex, it kind of ‘made sense’ of ‘fit’ or ‘felt right’. There was shame and guilt, but it was pleasurable...that’s when I realized i pretty much was gay. I’m still in the closet to most, maybe I’ll get there one day...

#12 Ashlee Greene, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  13. laviedadele

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I kissed many boys and it always felt wrong.

My first kiss with a girl was very brief and filled with embarrassment due to the circumstances.

But my SECOND kiss with a girl did change my life. I think I had come forward in my acceptance a little. I was very drunk and do not remember her face. But it was incredible, electric. Kissing her felt so soft and it was actually fun, unlike with boys where I got bored. I felt alive and everything made sense finally. Having had such an intense experience despite not even being able to remember who she was was a huge reality check for me. As a result I started to come out to my friends and began to go on lesbian dates.

I doubt I'd be as out as I am today and be in love with my beautiful girlfriend if it wasn't for that kiss.