1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I manage teen hormones?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Ryder420dank, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Ryder420dank

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alright so is there any way to manage these hormones? Like getting turned on about everything and shit it annoying

2. Mazely

Mazely Guest

Honestly I wish I had an answer for you. I'm almost 21 and my hormones calmed down on their own around my senior year of high school but it's different for everyone. The only thing I can say is try and wait it out. In the mean time this is a good way to learn what your body likes so later if you choose to become sexually active you have a better idea of what you like.

3. NerdyGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i dont think managing hormones is possible or a healthy action because its needed and its a 100% needed thing for your body to develop

4. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Try playing a sport

beenthrdonetht likes this.
  5. FluffyLightFox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If you're willing to do something so fundamentally dangerous as playing with your hormone levels, then go do it, otherwise, don't. I've heavily considered it before but I don't have the freedom to actually go through with it. I will probably do it once I'm independent.

First, you should be limiting anything that will give you estrogens (some foods like soy are known to increase estrogens). For people of the female sex (under normal circumstances), estrogens are the sexual hormone which level rises (I believe about 7.5 times the levels in childhood) when f*cking puberty hits. However, estrogens aren't that powerful compared to testosterone...
    Everyone has a natural level of testosterone. For people of the male sex, however, testosterone will shoot up at about 50 times the previously normal level once puberty start (and it goes damage on us, like, real bad). I seem to recall that it does increase if you're of the female sex. It could simply be that you have a naturally (or unnaturally) higher level of testosterone, which increases your arousal. Other foods (which I can't recall right now) are known to help increase the production of testosterone.

The radical method to answer your question, of course, is mutilation. The gonads (ovaries/testis) produce those hormones, and wherever they are in the body, as long as they are in the body, if there's blood flow somewhere near, they'll get into the system and receive/exchange hormonal message and pour sexual hormones into your body (the control of it all being done by a positive/negative feedback system, depending on your phenotypical sex, in a tiny gland of the brain). The only functional method to absolutely cut down one's production of sexual hormones is ablation of the gonads. (which I have considered before too, mind you; but I'm not much into actual butchery as I prefer casual self harm)

I'd rather advise you get into activities like sports that 1° don't require damaging modifications of your body 2° will distract you, and keep your body healthy. In fact, anything that can help your mind get off (not in that way) those horny thoughts (side note: for the folks here with testis and a penis : avoid masturbation, especially frequent, it keeps your testosterone high ; it's probably a valuable piece of information for everyone else though).