1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Took a long time to get here...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by HerNeptune, Nov 8, 2017.

1. HerNeptune

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello everyone! I am 32 years old, married to a man for 12 years and have 2 children. Growing up I was always attracted to girls not boys. First 2 people I kissed was girls. I tried for a long time to have a serious relationship with a female. I am overweight and have social anxiety. The 2 women I have had relationships with ended in heartbreak. Others I met online saw me and had no interest. I know it is bad but it was so much easier for me to turn to me because I was lonely. I love my husband. He is my best friend. But I am not attracted to him. We both secretly check out women when we are out lol. He knows I have had relationship with women in the past. We broke up for almost a year and I spent it with a woman...that broke my heart. Went back to him. Now my only family is gone. I have zero friends and family. All I have is my husband and kids. I have no money. There is no way I could just pack up and leave. I am so lonely and depressed. I don't what to do with my life. Everything feels wrong. Anyways my interests. I love video games, anime, tattoos, books, comics, vintage toys and thrifting :slight_smile:

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello HerNeptune! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

3. HiThere80

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Dont worry your not alone, im completely isolated from everyone as well, even my mom now. Its really painful :/

4. HerNeptune

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes it is :frowning2: My grandmother who past away a couple years ago, was so accepting. She knew I like women. I even had a girlfriend live with us. She didn't care. She still loved me. My mom has always been so judgmental. I cut her out of my life. I just couldn't deal with her.

5. HiThere80

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Thats funny you say that about love. I read somewhere that love is accepting another person without judgement. You dont need to feel lonely again tho you have me as a friend, im not perfect tho either i have many issues myself. Im a 25 yo guy who is gay but struggling to come out.

6. WildlyTame

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello HerNeptune.
    I think a lot of people can relate to your post. I do. I am 31, in a serious long term relationship with a man (whom I live with) but have more recently been questioning my sexuality. I am also overweight and fear how women percieve me if I were to end my relationship and begin dating. Women are so hard on themselves as far as self image. Are they going to be just as hard on me? I consider myself to be a fairly attractive person on good days but I am a US size 24 and have had 3 children. It shows. And I do have self esteem issues because of it. That alone can deter any future interests for someone.
    I have been intimate with a woman before but it terrified me and I cut contact with her. We spent many years trying to forget one another but keeping in contact at a distance sporadically. That was many years ago and I have matured both mentally and physically since then but the experience remains on my mind often. I am growing to be very unsatisfied in my sexless relationship. I feel like I am aching for adventure and love. The love I have with my boyfriend (of 6 years) is very real but its more like a feeling I would have for a family member/ room mate I've lived with all this time. I do not desire him and he does not desire me. We just go about our days as if everything is fine but I am pining to live with a woman I love, if that day ever comes. I feel lonely, just like you. I try to keep busy but it doesnt stop the yearning. I do hope you figure it all out. I'm here to comment and support you! Just joined today and already feel at home. Thanks for posting.

7. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I understand your pain. I’m a married man who has recently come to terms with the fact that I’m bisexual. I’m not acting on it because I love my wife and don’t want want to disrupt lives for my own pleasure. It can be very difficult sometimes. I can’t inagine feeling so isolated.

8. HerNeptune

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you everyone! It feels better to know I am not alone.

9. HerNeptune

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am a US size 26 and have children. Also I am 5'11. My self esteem is very low. When it comes to men I am not as nervous but with women I get scared and so nervous. I too am aching for that romance I see in movies and read in books. My husband is attracted to me but he says he is too tired to have sex. I think he would rather take care of things himself. Like I said I love him but there is no romance there. He is just my best friend/room mate. I try to keep busy as well playing games and watching lots of Netflix. I just joined and already feel so welcomed. Glad I found this.

10. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Good luck I hope everything works out for you