1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Sex Related: Epilepsy

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Abdeltyf, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Abdeltyf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am an epileptic kid.
    I have been going through this harsh bumpy journey for a very long time. Seizures have been my companions during my questioning phase.
    Epilepsy is a case where the brain activity becomes abnormal. It leads to seizures which have different symptoms depending on the kind and on the person. It has multiple types itself.
    I wish all epileptic gay people should join here and may this be the place we can talk about it without being judged!

--

I was diagnosed when I was 12. It was a mess. i was allergic to Depakin and from then I started working my way from 25 mg of Lamictal to a daily dose of Mac2 and Omega-3 supplements, 600 mg of Lamictal, 1000 mg of Levet/Keppra and Phenobarbital - my personal hell.
    Being epileptic and dealing with homosexuality was... more confusing than I would have expected. It was alright at the beginning until I started losing focus, concentration and started carrying a very bad memory span.
    Opening up about this huge part of my life has always been either a source of useless pity or a reason for bullying or complete ignorance from my entire entourage. A lot are going through hormones and nervous system dilemmas, and I wish there would be no taboos about either of them. But I have never met someone who would actually understand this complete disinterest of life as a whole and humongous feeling of loneliness that makes the mind disconnected from the world.

I'd be happy to hear from a few and discuss our issues.

#1 Abdeltyf, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  2. Abdeltyf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Tomorrow is quite the big deal. I'm glad to share that I'm almost 1 year seizure free. This calls for a little celebration in my head ^.^

3. Josue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, Abdeltyf!!! I am very glad that I found your post. I am also gay, and epileptic. I know I am gay from years ago, but I was only recently diagnosed with epilepsy. I find annoying the lack of scientific and statistic research into the relationship between the two, and I would like to know if there is indeed a relationship.