1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i guess i'm new here!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by eclection, Nov 7, 2017.

1. eclection

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hey y'all! i already posted a few other times but i guess i should make an official intro post...
    i'm eclection, but you can call me jam if you want. i'm not quite sure what i am- i think i might be a bisexual trans guy but i'm still questioning.
    my hobbies include band (oboe and marimba) and music composition. i would love to be either a professional performer or professional composer one day. i also like drawing but music sucks up a lot of my time. i'm into mbti as well.
    my favorite musical genres are classical (specifically contemporary and late romantic. i have a special place in my heart for Russian composers), indie, and post-rock.
    i also enjoy jojo's bizarre adventure and danganronpa.
    if you want to talk, don't be afraid to! i'm awkward but generally pretty friendly and i enjoy meeting new people!

2. DarkPrince

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  3. Pacack

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love the Russian composers also! I had the opportunity to listen to my university's orchestra perform pieces from Shostakovich, and it was a joy to listen to. Granted, he in particular is a bit chaotic at times, but it's an interesting way to look from the perspective of those in Russia during the Stalin era. I'm also fond of Stravinsky and Prokofiev, but I've yet to hear them performed live.

I'm currently involved in a men's choir here at the University of New Mexico, and I'd been involved in both my high school's band and choir for many years (I played trumpet). Unfortunately, I couldn't fit band into my current studies, but I'm happy to be able to hold onto a piece of it with my choir. My friends here are also involved in the orchestra, so I get to see a lot of concerts for little to nothing. :slight_smile:

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Jam! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

5. eclection

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i especially love the chaos in shostakovich's music, honestly! it's just so cool and not many composers utilize it. stravinsky and prokofiev are also really near and dear to me. tchaikovsky's way up on my list of favorites, too
    it's good to hear that you're continuing music! i really hope to be able to make a career for myself with it but i'm not quite sure if that's something that i'll be able to support myself with. but i guess it's worth trying!

6. eclection

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    thank you! :blush:

7. Pacack

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can tell you that, if you're passionate about music and are willing to put in the effort, music is a very doable career. :slight_smile: Follow your passion.