1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel like I've f'd my life up...VENT

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Butterflies85, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Butterflies85

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I truly don't mind if people don't read this at all or respond- I just need to write it down, so its off my chest.

Coming to terms with my sexuality is the most amazing thing, yet the most painful. I can't help but look over my life and see all the signs staring me right in the face that I was gay, yet for some reason I just kept on this trajectory of being 'straight' - going through the motions of making a home, having kids with my partner and now I want to run away from it all. WHY DID I DO THIS TO MYSELF!?!

Regarding my children - sometimes I really struggle to derive satisfaction in my role as a mother to them. Sometimes I resent,not them, but MYSELF for having children. I had my daughter when I was 21. Such a young age to accept I was gay but I cant help but consider how different my life would have been if at 20 when I kissed two girls - id woken up it it then. I love my daughter but having her changed the course of my life. Suddenly I couldn't be selfish or self involved, I had someone else to think about. I was a single mother at the time too which came with a lot of shame, so I think that made it harder. (she is from a previous relationship)

Even after getting married to my husband, I once got heavily drunk with some friends and ended up kissing my friend and having an internal battle between stopping kissing her because I was married and taking her somewhere more private. I mean straight people don't think like that. I am so angry with myself!!!!!

So many ignored signs and now I am literally trapped. Either way there is pain. And this is kind of hard to admit to - but I just want to live a carefree, passionate existence with a woman - discovering ourselves and our feelings without kids around. That makes me sound like a horrible mother I know. I just want my 20's back. I never got to experience being selfish, crazy, experimental, free.

My marriage has gone dark again...today my husband and I had a conference with a professional regarding our finances. I sat in well mannered silence through most of it, but was occasionally called on to speak. My husband continually talked over the top of me, interrupted me and at one stage said angrily "would you just be concise?!" I was very embarrassed as he made me look stupid.

Later on, I told him it was unfair for him to be angry with me over sharing my opinions or talking in more detail than he would prefer. He got angry and told me I just go on and on and around in circles.

Well I am a writer. And a talker. My two strongest personality traits and he hates it about me. Every day he rejects me on some level - when I open my mouth to speak he rolls his eyes, grunts impatiently, flat out ignores me, looks at his phone halfway through me saying something or hurries me up by saying 'yep, yep, yep and?"

And it hurts - it hurts so f'ing bad. I have become so afraid to be myself with him that I have actually formed a bit of a nervous stutter and have clouded thinking. I can't always get my words out or they are wrong and mixed up because I am trying so hard to rush it and get the message out before he gets impatient with me. It's starting to affect my everyday life as I am losing confidence and find it hard to speak to others thinking they probably find me annoying too.

Usually I just try to ignore it but today, like so many times before, I broke. I told him I didn't deserve to be in a relationship with this treatment and he was ashamed of himself and agreed he'd been a prick. I told him he was selfish and all he is interested in is to talk about himself which he agreed was a fair point. I said to him how could he possibly think I will want to continue for the rest of my life feeling like I can't express myself freely? He just looked at me and said sorry again and again. I really *truly* believe he does not love me fully. I think he is in love with the idea of me. not the actual 'me' part.

Days like this, I just want to scream at him that I am a lesbian and the marriage is over, but I honestly don't even know where I would start with leaving. I don't work at the moment, just helping part time with the business and raising the kids. Id have to find work, an apartment, find new homes for my pets. And then with all that happening how am I even suppose to meet a woman with two kids in tow?

I have been watching LGBT movies lately on netfllix and maybe that is where some of this anger is coming from. I mean, just the fact alone that these women get to share in romance without having to worry about how their kids fit into the mix is so enviable. I could of had that life. If I had just listened to my inner voice back then and started the road to acceptance. :face_palm:

I have really made a mess of things haven't I? I am sad and angry at myself. I just want to go back to my 20 year old self and say 'slow down....take your time and learn about yourself more.'

Will anyone ever find me attractive now that I have come from a marriage and have two kids, as in will I just get look over as being to high maintenance. My kids will be fully grown by 45. So is that when I get to finally live a passionate, carefree, impulsive, messy, creative, selfish existence? Will I still want to at that stage?

I feel sick. :cry:

If you got this far thanks for reading xx

Aven and HerNeptune like this.
  2. Lia444

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think most late in lifers regret figuring things out late or if they knew then not doing anything sooner. However some comments people have made on other posts are it’s wasn’t the right time for you or you might not have had any kids. I feel the same I have spent the last 15 years working and just ignored all the personal stuff thinking it would just happen. Yes I’m independent and can do what I want but I still didn’t do it as I lack confidence so put my time into setting up a business which not everyone gets to do but at what cost. I have no close friends or had any kind of a relationship and the more years go by the harder it is plus adding in that I’m mostly gay makes it even harder. Sorry I’ve gone on too much about me! I think you need to focus on the present and not the past as you can’t change that. You might be surprised how many women there are with kids like you. There are a few on here any they’ve managed to find someone.

3. Woodswoman

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Butterflies my heart goes out to you! Please know that you are deserving of healthy love, and can definitely find it later in life. I subscribe to the philosophy that everything happens for a reason. I know it can sound cheesy but there are just too many signs and incidents in my life that it is true. Your children are no accident. They are supposed to be here and have their own 'jobs' to do in this life. I believe your marriage is no accident either, how else could you be the person you are becoming? It's only through experiences and challenges that we grow and learn. I think you are on a journey that, while turbulent, will land you right where you need to be. I'm so sorry that your husband is seeing your strengths as flaws. It sounds like it is HIS flaws shining through and it seems unlikely that he will change this behavior overnight, despite his apologies. I hope you can find some peace as you search for the best route to take. *hugs*

Mabel, Arianna240985 and junebug99 like this.
  4. GaiaFr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm glad that you wrote all that and got it of your chest.
    I strongly believe that the key to coping with those life-changing realisations is to try to focus on the present. Try your best to not let yourself feeling even worst thinking all the time about your "lost 20s". It's done, don't let it slow you down now and turn into even more damage. As for the future don't assume the worst (easy to say, very hard to do ^^). If you ever decide to go that way, I really don't think that starting a new dating life while having children is that hard.
    Instead try to focus on what you want now and what you can do. What do you want to do about this situation, what decision for the few months to come ? How can you start changing things in your life to make it better, on short-term first and posing some foundation for a possible future. I think that finding some support from a local lgbt center or a support group could be a great first step.

I completely realised I was gay at 30, almost a year ago, and it was an explosion. I have to say that my personal situation is far easier than yours (no child, no partner). But trying actively not to focus on my anger for all the time I've lost not knowing myself (and I do have a lot of anger about that) and focusing on my new life and how to make it better is the best advice I can give.
    You realised a lot of things about yourself and you can label your orientation now, so congratualtion for that. It's harder to do it so late and it's the first brick of new beginings.

Ashlee Greene and Arianna240985 like this.
  5. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [\QUOTE="Butterflies85, post: 6540708, member: 84894"]I truly don't mind if people don't read this at all or respond- I just need to write it down, so its off my chest.

Coming to terms with my sexuality is the most amazing thing, yet the most painful. I can't help but look over my life and see all the signs staring me right in the face that I was gay, yet for some reason I just kept on this trajectory of being 'straight' - going through the motions of making a home, having kids with my partner and now I want to run away from it all. WHY DID I DO THIS TO MYSELF!?![/QUOTE]

I can relate to this, and a lot of what you've written in your post. I've no experience of anything with women, but often look back and wonder why I didn't work it out, how things would have been different if they had, etc. It's frustrating. I just think that I wasn't ready to know.

[\QUOTE="Butterflies85, post: 6540708, member: 84894"]Regarding my children - sometimes I really struggle to derive satisfaction in my role as a mother to them.[/QUOTE]

I have struggled with this. I was older (25) than you when I had my daughter. I found that whilst I've been questioning, etc. that I've struggled to really be in the moment when I'm spending time with her, which makes me feel bad about not appreciating the time I spend with her. I think this has improved in the last couple of months, but I'm always thinking about sexuality stuff.

[\QUOTE="Butterflies85, post: 6540708, member: 84894"]And this is kind of hard to admit to - but I just want to live a carefree, passionate existence with a woman - discovering ourselves and our feelings without kids around. That makes me sound like a horrible mother I know. I just want my 20's back. I never got to experience being selfish, crazy, experimental, free.[/QUOTE]

I can completely relate to this, but I've never really wanted to admit it. I think it's because I've never really had that relationship experience, and also because I can't imagine building a relationship with children, work, etc. all going on too. I don't know where I'd find the time.

As for your husband, that must be difficult for you. My partner is less than perfect, makes regular criticisms and decisions without discussing them first. There are times when I'm very tempted to walk out too.

I don't know if that helps at all, but you're not alone. Keep posting! Feel free to post anything you like on my wall.

6. Sonata

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You deserve to live your life fully, but be careful about idealizing of what you desire.

I am not sure how many people in the whole world have the chance to live such a life that you have pictured. I think they are not that many. I am not saying what you desire is wrong. Your desire is real and you will probably feel better if you can pursue it at some point in your life, but be aware that those happy-ending lesbian movies in Netflix are just like any other happy ending movies, not so much rooted in reality.

#6 Sonata, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    Mabel likes this.
  7. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for being so brave to say the things so many of us have thought, but are ashamed to admit. Since you were so brave, I think I will do the same.

I came out of the closet in June 2016 and separated from my wife in December. I now have a boyfriend and I'm in love with him.

There are certainly times that I desperately wish that I didn't have kids, that I could be carefree and enjoy my life without these encumbrances. And the child support I pay each month.

And then I feel ashamed for having these thoughts. I do love my kids and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world, but in those dark, quiet moments at home, alone and feeling lonely, I have to admit that those dark thoughts do sometimes come. I try to remind myself of a few things:

1. There's no guarantee that if I had come out decades ago I would have a happy life now.
    2. There's no guarantee that I wouldn't have gotten myself infected with HIV and died before today's anti-viral medicines.
    3. There's no guarantee that I would have been accepted by friends and family back in the 80s. Coming out in 2016 I was accepted by everyone in my life, but back then it might have been different.
    4. There's no guarantee that I wouldn't have spent the last 25 years miserable and lonely. Instead, I spent it raising a family and truly enjoying the experience.
    5. There's no guarantee that I wouldn't have been injured or killed by people who hate gays. There have been plenty of assaults and murders of LGBT people through the years, and I could have been one of them.
    6. If I had come out decades ago, my children wouldn't exist.

There are so many woulda, coulda and shoulda's that enter my mind on a frequent basis, but I've decided to not give into giving them my attention and focus. The fact is that I'm out of the closet, ending my marriage that never really worked, and working on the next chapter of my life. My kids will only be "kids" for a short while longer, and then I'll have a few decades left for me, God willing. It's not perfect, but it's what there is, and I choose to make the best of it.

Thanks again for the thread. It helps to write these things out.

dreamingfreely likes this.
  8. Searching1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @Butterflies85 this all resonated with me so much. I could have written most of the words you said, in that my situation is incredibly similar. I too feel like I have screwed my life up.. I’m not sure if I feel being separated and driving the nail into our marriage is more the “mess up” or if not following my gut way back in college when this first came up was more the mistake. But we can’t view things like this! We all have our different paths and lessons we learn along the way. All we can do is act for NOW. I know it is so so painful. There seems to be heartbreak everywhere I look. Be we keep moving, keep being true to ourselves, listening to our heart, and we will get to where we need to be! Life is so complicated. We need to be proud of ourselves for addressing this now and not ignoring it. Sometimes I wish I could just ignore it, but there is no going back. We can only go through the fire and keep moving.

Thank you for sharing your words. Things will get better. Better now to listen to ourselves than never.

Woodswoman likes this.
  9. Mabel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just have to say...I can relate to this and it brought tears to my eyes...thank you for being so open and just know the others of us out there completely understand. Sending strength and hugs...

10. HerNeptune

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Everything you said hit home with me. I keep thinking back to my early 20s. Why did I give up. Why did I force my self to be with a man. My life could have been so different. Now I have been married 12 years with 2 kids. Barely making it through life. Lonely and miserable. I see lesbian couples at stores and get so jealous. There is no way I could leave and start over with no family, friends or money. And who would want a woman with 2 kids. All these years I have been silent and alone. Now I am trying to seek support secretly. Trying to figure out if it would be possible to change my life.

11. leb10

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow. The mothering struggle has been so tough for me and I relate to so much of what you wrote. I have two under the age of four and am so ashamed that if I could turn back time, I would. I'm particularly struggling with needing and wanting to be selfish in order to heal and evolve and not be this barely functuoning mess of an adult I am now. You're not alone, I worry about the future too, that I'll be less attractive as a divorced, late in life lesbian with kids. I can't offer you any advice as I'm still very much in the throughs of chaos but can offer you solidarity. Sending lots of support your way ❤

12. Butterflies85

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow - thank you everyone for the support and advice. I really didn't expect it and felt bad about putting up something so lengthy but now I am glad I did. I want to respond to everyone here so please bear with me - another long one :wink:

Thank you for sharing with me your journey. I can really relate to lacking confidence and throwing yourself into something that is supposed to fulfill you but feeling alone. Are you finding ways to get out there now that you're realizing this? Has it helped?

Thanks so much Woodswoman :slight_smile: I actually subscribe to that philosophy and try hard to understand "what is the lesson here?". I really love your comment how my children are here with jobs to do with their own life. I feel this in my heart too it's just at times, I long to have the time, space and freedom to experiment and understand myself and my jobs to do in life. Sometimes I feel like a child myself trying to raise two kids.

Thank you - this is really good advice. I almost need to stop myself from dwelling on these thoughts of the past as it eats me up. I know there is a way to feel better about my past - and that is to embrace my true self and not waste anymore time sitting around pretending this life is fulfilling for me and to use my past as a way to fuel my conviction that a life half lived is no life at all. I don't want to sit here waiting years for a time when my kids are older, my life is less messy to be who I truly am...What I die in the meantime...the thought is horrifying. It's not even about finding someone (that would be nice) I'm happy with my own company - it's just about not living a lie anymore.

Thanks heaps for reaching out again, I hear you with wondering when there would be time to do it all. I am less than perfect in my relationship, I think we all are- but I feel like I am really a cheerleader for him. I am always so supportive and encouraging of him. And like you, I often receive regular criticisms. About the house if it's not clean, or that we are out of margarine or whatever and just always treated like he is disappointed in me. I am starting to see that the times when we are close is because I am very nurturing and when he gets vulnerable about work etc is when we connect a lot because we have long conversations about him. I notice it's not the same in reverse. He gets impatient when I am emotional.

Thank you - I needed to hear this and you are completely right. I think I just really mean that I envy those able to learn about themselves without having to worry about ending a marriage to do so, or kids to worry about. But yes, i need to remember these are movies like any other. I see lesbians on social media which are more rooted in reality and also feel the same - It's just a big thing to learn about yourself and having the freedom to explore is enviable.

Thank you also for your bravery in admitting to having the same thoughts as me. For people to reach out and agree means so much, as it makes me realise this isn't a reflection of my personality but the situation. You're points are very good and I probably need to make a list of these myself to refer to whenever I am feeling lost, angry or like I have wasted my life. I am trying to think of how I can make this better and know I can use this as a way to educate them passionately about learning about oneself and getting in touch with our true desires not what society says we should do. I already make an effort to say to my 4 year old son when he talks about being a daddy someday "if that is what you want that is wonderful. You would make a great daddy" And I also make sure to say to my kids things like "When you get a girlfriend or boyfriend...." So that they hear from a young age that the choice is really their own and its normal.

Thanks so much for reaching out and expressing your same frustrations. I am familiar with your story and I am so inspired by your bravery and how far you have come since telling your husband that you were attracted to women. I love where you say we just need to keep being true to ourselves and we will end up where we need to be - I really believe this and so I think a huge part of my sadness is that I know I am not being true to myself. I feel like I am treading water at the moment, and it's getting tiring. How are you finding things lately? Have you spent any more time with that group of lesbians? Have you met anyone or started anything? I am following your story and really cheering you on. You are very brave and I thank you for that because despite the pain I know you are going through, You are living your truth and that comforts me that one day I can do the same.

Thank you so much Mabel and sorry to make you cry. I literally felt the strength coming out of your message so thank you for that. I have also just got familiar with your story and I am also so in awe of your strength and your integrity. I know you have been through some very tough things but I hope you keep sharing your story as people like myself really draw inspiration from how brave you are.

Thanks for writing HerNeptune and I agree totally - I also see lesbians and am very jealous as well. I also thought at one stage there was no way I could leave as I would have no money either or friends. My family lives around but I wouldn't be relying on them at first. The more time I spend on here and read other peoples stories and gather strength and support from this online family, I am beginning to see things clearer and I am beginning to see paths that weren't there earlier. More than ever I just want to start living my life fearless and passionate. My marriage and 10 years with my husband has left me empty. I used to be so creative, playful, spontaneous, romantic and just had a zest for life. Even as a parent I was playful and silly with my daughter and I felt every joy and every low in a beautiful way. But over the years I have had to shut that side of me away as he finds it uncomfortable and has admitted that he's seen a change in me.

I'm here for you if you need to talk more about your thoughts- sounds like we live very similar stories *hugs*

13. Butterflies85

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for reaching out Leb10 - It hit me with force that you say if you could turn back time, you would. That is what i was trying to articulate. Feeling this way makes me feel so ashamed as well. Of course, on the flip side, I am like a mother lioness if they are ever hurting or need me but yes the healing process is a lot more complicated with children. I am trying very hard to tell myself that the life I want I can have - I can find an ideal partner who is utterly thrilled to be with me despite my baggage because we're in love. If I created this life I have now, I can recreate my new life. Thanks for the solidarity - That above everything else actually helps the most. Knowing I am not the only one feeling this way helps me to move past the raw emotion of things and see things clearer, almost like I can stop taking it all so personally and start planning. Sending lots of support back to you too - always here for you if you need to chat x

leb10 likes this.
  14. Leela80

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Add me to the list of those who can relate. I’m married with two kids and don’t have a full time job either. I completely sympathize with your frustration. At times it’s so overwhelming thinking about everything that would need to be done to get to the place where I want to be. I’m in the process of making baby steps to where I want to be. It was driving me nuts when I felt like I was just going in circles with my thoughts and desires and not doing anything about it.

15. Butterflies85

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hey Leela, welcome- the list is getting quite long isn’t it. Thanks for sharing you thoughts. That is exactly how I feel, not doing anything is driving me nuts too. What are the baby steps you are taking if you don’t mind me asking? My son starts school next year in January so I am going to see out the year and then start applying for full time work. Hopefully once I am settled at work, I will start budgeting and looking at getting my own place. There will be money that needs to be divided to help me through the transition. I think my husband will ask for 50% with my son, which is ok with me (though hard) and my daughter already has orders in place to have every second wknd with her bio dad. I’ll let her choose week by week if she wants to go and spend any time with my husband and her brother. In the times I’m kid free I plan to work on myself- getting back into exercise, fulfilling some of my creative desires and perhaps socialising in the hopes of forming some friendships but also maybe eventually finding someone. It will be hard and there will be a lot of pain, but the depression is starting to take its toll and i can’t take many more years of this.

Woodswoman likes this.
  16. Lia444

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lovely thread, so much inspiration. I didn’t realise there were so many in a similar situation. Hugs to you all.

17. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I don't have kids or a husband but I still found figuring out my sexuality hard so you have my sympathies. I didn't figure things out until I was in my mid to late 20's and I went through a period of being angry and sad that I didn't figure things out earlier despite all the blatant signs I could now see which at the time I missed. The thing is as @leb10 said you have to try and not dwell over it as otherwise it almost becomes toxic within you. When I was struggling with it was the fact that I think we see these things when we are ready to deal with them and for whatever reason before my mid to late 20's I wasn't ready to deal with my sexuality and coming out. I saw a saying once which said, if the door doesn't open it's not your door and I think for me that was true, I had walked past an opening so many times, sometimes possibly even lent against it but it didn't open and I think that's just because that wasn't the time. You have learnt so much about yourself and become older and wiser since you made those decisions early on, sure if you went back you wouldn't make the same ones again but hindsight is a wonderful thing and we all have things in our life we would do differently. I think it is also important to realise that when we think about these things we only ever see that good that might have been had we don't things differently, not the bad, and maybe had you come out as a lesbian in your late teens early 20's you would have met the girl of your dreams and be living happily ever after, but maybe your coming out would have gone badly or you would have met a woman and she would have treated you badly, who knows. Maybe the girl of your dreams is out there just waiting for you to get your stuff in order before you meet her.

It sounds great that you are formulating a plan to make yourself more independent. I think seeing that you can make progress even if it is slow and steady will help you feel less bitter.
    It isn't never too late, you can definitely find a woman who will love you once you are in the right place. Don't give up.

Leela80 and Woodswoman like this.
  18. ABeatrice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Butterflies85, I am in a very similar situation to you. Reading your initial post yesterday really hit me as you expressed so many similar feelings to ones I have had over the last year.
    I am 27 and have been married for 7 years and we have 3 children.
    I often look back and feel like I messed everything up by not being true to myself. I did have a girlfriend when I was 18, but it didn't last long and wasn't the healthiest relationship. I then got with my now husband, had a baby and got married. I have always identified as bisexual, but never felt that identity fitted me properly. I have been identifying as gay for a few months, my husband knows and things are weird. We keep getting to a point in our conversations where I just need to be brave and make the decision and I have not been able to yet.
    I feel so awful for my children, they are 7, 3 and 2. I feel so selfish for ruining their family. And also for breaking my husbands heart and future plans, we are such good friends, but I can't see things going back to how they were.
    I also only work a few hours a week so will need to get a job with more hours.
    It all feels so unrealistic and scary at the moment.

Leela80 likes this.
  19. Aven

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can relate and sympathise to almost everything you have said. I'm 43, have two children, my youngest being 9. Married 15 years to a good man but without any passion or true love.

I've been becoming increasingly resentful and unhappy which is making me treat him poorly and he doesn't deserve that. So I will be acting on it and making a change, separating before we lose the friendship that we have.

As for finding a woman, it seems to me there are lots of people out there who only came to realise and/or accept their sexuality later in life for whatever reason. Myself included. I didn't accept it until I met a woman online and have been dating her secretively for the last year (another reason why I need to act to make changes in my life). It wasn't until I fell in love with her that I started to accept that my sexuality wasn't as fixed as I once thought it was.

I also had two new neighbours move in recently. A middle aged lesbian couple, one who has two children (not much older than mine) from a previous marriage. i look at them and am jealous about how happy they seem together , but it also gives me hope that regardless of your situation, or how difficult to may seem, there are always opportunities waiting to be taken and it's never too late to change the path or direction of your life if it's something you want to do. ☺️

20. leb10

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So many good comments. There are so many of us in the same boat. I think collectively women need to figure out how to shed the stereotype that mothers must selfless to the point where we are no longer individuals. Choosing to save yourself so you can continue to fiercely love and raise your children is ok. Anyway, my $0.02 for the morning.

NeonSocks, Mabel, Leela80 and 8 others like this.