1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to be trans and on the Agender spectrum?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RoseChan00, Nov 5, 2017.

1. RoseChan00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sometime last month i had an identity crisis after a few uh... encounters... i had. not going to talk abotu what they are but, they caused me to question my trans identity way back. And, during that period i began to feel more detached, but not in a bad way. I just felt... like i was ina strange grey area, ad couldn;t ever pinpoint anything concrete with my gender. I still partially feel that way. However i know that in the end, if i was to transition, i'd prefer to stay neutral in terms of my identity. Somewhere along the agender specturm, but that Also doesn't feel quite right to say. par tof it may be becuse i still think i'm trans... though i also think i'm not. So, i actually have two questions. Firstly, can someone be trqans, and on the Agender spectrum at the same time?
    Also, is it possible i could be polygender or... something in that regard? Could i just be stressing over all of this for nothing?

2. DoriaN

Being trans implies you are transitioning from one gender to the other since the body dysphoria and genitalia does not match the brain wiring given at birth. Anything else is ideology and philosophy, of which there are no rules and anything goes (Even logical contradictions it seems).

My personal thoughts are you're over thinking it and stressing for nothing. It's very easy to run in circles in your head regarding gender, but the long and short of it really is how do you feel most comfortable presenting. Masculine and feminine behaviour can apply to males and females and it's not another gender.
    At the end of the day, most don't care about their gender, but they aren't agender or anything, sex and gender are just parts of them not what makes them them. Some days people feel more masculine, some more feminine. There's a lot of identity worship and idolization of gender by some, but really it comes down to your body and how you carry yourself.

If you are experiencing significant distress then I would recommend seeing a doctor/professional regarding the issue. No one here is qualified to give you an answer regarding your own headspace past subjectivity conjecture and ideology. That said I know you're seeking comfort, and again all I would say is just relax, don't introspect too much or else you'll drive yourself insane, and none of this defines you as a person.

Secrets5, WeirdQueer and DarkWhite like this.
  3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well... introspection has an end, because your inside has an end. If you follow the rule of not thinking the same thought over and over, of course. There is a limited number of thoughts that can appear in someone’s head. Simply. Even if this number is large.

Of course it’s possible to feel in the middle and prefer to transition. Why not? It’s your life. Don’t let others and their opinions dictate what you do with your life.