1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Lady and Her Nails

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ShyCollie, Nov 4, 2017.

1. ShyCollie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Been a little bit, if you check on my last post I was attempting to do small things to feel more and more feminine.
    Did some more this week.

Not going to lie, not felt particularly feminine this past week, but I know it will hit again at some point. But I did do some interesting things;

Diet and Exercise:
    Not going to lie. I'm doing better but not great. Boots aren't really meant for cardio. But I feel convinced that I am losing weight. Makes me think what I could fit into. <_<

Painting Nails: Lol, I'm not going to go out in public like this, but this was a little fun. I stood in the grocery store paranoid of someone seeing me pick out nail polish or even looking at it. It was located at the end of an aisle, and even though I was completely done shopping I made two long circuits around the store passing this aisle. Finally I (as casually as possible) I picked up one color. Spoiler, no one cared. I picked out OPI's "Blue My Mind" a dark sapphire color. Aaaaaaaahhhhhh. These are the kinds of colors I'm drawn to. Deep, intense, gem-like. I have it on right now and it does feel a little girly. My application wasn't the best. Not neat at all.

Feminine Walking: I saw a short video on how to walk like a female, and a hip exercise to help loosen me up. It told me that women generally walk more loosely than men. I did feel a little more fluid in my motions, but I'm going to be honest, I'm not sure i looked any different doing it. Maybe it requires heels?

Sugar Scrub: YES. YEEEEESSSSSSSS. Like shaving my body hair this is going to be done once a week. It felt soooooo gooood. I don't know if its the hot water, or the scrub itself or what. But I felt great doing it and my skin felt amazing afterwards. I exfoliate almost every time I step in the shower, but this was different. Looking forward to it again.

Moisturizer: I do moisturize. I've never had three separate moisturizers. One for body, one for face, one for hands. The shaving and these facial mask have made me realize that my skin......it isn't the best. I haven't seen any sort of...improvement. (other than that wonderful sugar scrub) But I do feel nicer for having done it.

I'll see what I can find to do this upcoming week. I can't afford a lot but I'm finding no shortage of things to do.. I wasn't able to buy some foundation because LOL makeup is waaaaaaaay more involved than I realized. But some of those women looked absolutely stunning on those youtube tutorials. This reminds me. HOLY COW......cosmetics are expensive!

Hillary B and maverick1 like this.
  2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For make-up, go to a make-up outlet. It's 10-20% cheaper than in normal stores.

maverick1 likes this.
  3. ShyCollie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Do you mean like Sephora? I can't. I'm trying these things out in stealth. I can't even get it mailed here because while I have my own area for cooking, sleeping and living, Im renting this apartment space within a house. It has to be discreet.

4. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There is men's eyeliner. Which is thin liner. Look for Moriarty (BBC's Sherlock) to see how it can look.

You could buy it and say it's for a female friend or relative for Christmas or birthday.

#4 Secrets5, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  5. ShyCollie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    And the feminine feeling sliiides back in. Looking at clothes at the mall.

Sorry. In reply to your comment, I guess I could use amazon. It wouldn't be obvious. I want to do something with my lips though. Its an excuse to play with some bold colors again. Plus, I've been female in my dreams sometimes. DOn't remember much but I do remember I had full lips.

6. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I, myself, wear nail polish, and in public. I figure if no one is going to see it, what's the point of going through the trouble. At first, I was nervous shopping in the store for it, as I do for other feminine items, but I grew more comfortable.

7. ShyCollie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Unfortunately, I am very secretive. Not just with this but with many things I enjoy. I am really paranoid about this. Im going to get a lock box to put some of this stuff in.

I guess im ok doing it only in private because I want to keep that bit for myself.