1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I physically cannot open my email.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by kayaz, Nov 3, 2017.

1. kayaz

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I may have a response to an email that I sent sitting in my inbox that I'm having a lot of anxiety about. Can anyone offer any advice?

#1 kayaz, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My advice would be to take a deep breath and open it, otherwise you are going to have more anxiety in the long run not knowing what it says. I assume the contents could be good or bad. Maybe someone could. Be with you when you read it.

3. Lynn12

Lynn12 Guest

This may sound stupid but whenever I have an email or something that I am worried about reading, I open it and cover it with my hand or paper or whatever and slowly start reading each word. I take my time, and adjust the speed to how the content of the email is going. That way you read it, but you take your time and don't stress yourself out. You pace yourself depending on how the email is going.

4. Taraeos

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I completely get where you are coming from, I've experienced similar things with messages now and then. What helps me is to remember, at this point in time, right now when you click on that email icon, all you are going to see are words on a screen. Forget, for the moment what they might say and what they might mean and just focus on that. Nothing bad is going to happen the instant you open that message.

Take your time in reading and considering whatever the message might be and remember you don't have to respond right away (or at all if you really don't want to)

It's oddly scary, I know but you've got this! You managed to send the initial message, you will cope when you read the reply.

Good luck :slight_smile: