1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Wow. So sad. And the Catholic church in the center of all the pain.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by brainwashed, Oct 30, 2017.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From the article:
    a) P. J. was happy enough until his teens, when he was called a “bastard,” and people avoided the pew he sat in, and girls at a dance tittered at the sight of him. “If the parents found out,” he said, “they’d tell them to keep away from that lad, you don’t know where he came from.”

He considered drowning himself in the fast-moving river that coursed through his foster father’s field. “The things that I was called,” he said. “I just thought everyone was against me.”

My comment: Judge and condemn. Got to teach and practice hate. People (Catholics) avoided the pew he sat in. Go to church practice hate and contempt. .

b) But perhaps the baptismal cleansing of their (babies, children) “original sin” was not enough to also wipe away the shameful nature of their conception.

My comment. Finding ways to judge and condemn people, even if they are babies and children. The babies and children had nothing to do with how they were conceived, yet Catholicism dictates they are bad.

3. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really get the sense that you don't like catholicism or catholics very much

4. DoriaN

Well to be fair they don't follow Biblical teaching and are in part described as the Whore of Babylon in Revelation 17, but in a postmodern society where truth or reality is often subjective who's to say if that's a bad thing I suppose? =\