1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Purpleredhead78, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Purpleredhead78

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don’t know if this post belongs with this topic. Here’s the thing. I recently came out as gay after keeping it to myself and being miserable. I’m a 39 year old woman. I haven’t really hung out with any gay women before. Going to a group woman’s group Thursday. I feel like relate more to feminine gay men. Forgive me if any of my terms are off. I’m lost in this journey. The more I allow me to be me, the more I discover and it’s a bit scary. I don’t know where else to ask about this. It scares me to know I maybe more “different” the. I realize. Is there a “label” for gay women who feel like they are more like wanting to be a femanie gay guy? Again, forgive me if none of this sense. I just wanted to know if there was a term so I could do more research.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not as far as I know but then I am not an avid follower of the labels (not that I'm saying there is anything wrong with them). I'm sure there are other gay women like yourself. I think you just need to find a group of people you feel comfortable and at home with. I know it feels scary now to be discovering more things about yourself but ultimately it will lead to happiness.

3. Lia444

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’m not sure either to be honest do you really want to put yourself in a gay/lesbian subcategory or are you exploring your gender identity?

4. Purpleredhead78

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly, I think I am just more confused than anything. I think once I start going to our local pride center I will be more comfortable around others. I’m just having a lot of anxiety right now.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Discovering yourself can be really exciting and scary in differing measures. I think it is scary when you first work out who the real you is and you realise you belong to this whole LGBT community that you didn't realise you did but then that brings worry that you won't fit into that community. I agree just get out there meet some people and find some you like hanging out with regardless of labels.

Purpleredhead78 likes this.