1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Give some warm fuzzy hope.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Rana, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Rana

Rana Guest

:two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:Hello all,

With so much difficult stuff in life that we all deal with, I thought it would be nice to see/hear about the other side of the coin for a change...happiness (dare I say it!).

How many of you are currently in happy places in life? This could be for any reason really. If you're happiness stems from a happy loving relationship, please do tell us your story (ie. how you met, what about the person first excited you, etc.). I would like to see the world through a rosy filter of hope for a change.

It hasn't even been a year since I came out to myself, but it feels a lot longer because it was a tough time. I feel like I have battle scars from this past couple of months. I'd like the warm fuzzy feeling of hope.
    :gay_pride_flag::heartbeat::gay_pride_flag::heartbeat:

2. Leela80

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Me too! I could really use an emotional boost right now.

Rana and looking for me like this.
  3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am in a happy place. One which I never thought I would be. I live with my girlfriend of 8 years and we own a flat together.
    I think most of you already know but I actually met her on EC.

I don't know what else you want to know?

4. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My life is busy and exhausting (see the thread about gay lives outside of the cub scene where I run through my fabulous gay lifestyle!). But my children have accepted my coming out and consider my partner their very welcome stepdad, whom they include in all their plans openly and happily. He and I have been together for several years now and if anything, I love and appreciate him even more than I did at the start, and spending evenings with him, and falling asleep wrapped up in each others arms and holding hands is pretty much the sweetest thing ever. It hasn't been easy to get here, but we both faced our fears and kept moving through the fire, and we feel like we're being rewarded for sticking with it.

Arianna240985, Rana, Leela80 and 2 others like this.
  5. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Twenty years with a wonderful guy. When ever anything happens to me the first thing I want to do is tell him all about it and I still can't quite believe that it just gets better and better... Oh, and we're going to Disney World! Thirteen days and counting!

Arianna240985, Rana, Leela80 and 3 others like this.
  6. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok I'm not in a happy place right now (as I've talked about in my threads) but I'm going to try this out... talking about the happy part of my path, maybe it will contribute something useful, and give me a bit of comfort too?

I came out to my (ex) husband a little more than 2 years ago... at the time I was questioning and I naively said "this changes nothing, we're going to make it all work no matter what." At the time I meant our marriage would remain strong; turns out that's not true, we're now separated, but actually the statement has come true in many ways, he's still my best friend, and I'm so grateful for him. He's kind and wonderful and we are working together to be a strong unit as parents. I go to his place every Sunday with my partner and our 3 kids (between the 3 of us), and it's warm and happy, we are still a family and that means so much to me.

Our daughter, she's thriving and happy and she's a wonderful little girl. And she loves her new bigger family.

My partner, I can't even describe how much I love her, and how lucky I am to have her. Our life together is new but she is so important to me, and her presence and love bring such incredible meaning to my life.

Her boys are wonderful, and they bring new light to mine and my daughter's life. As my threads show, this is a pretty difficult time for us, we're dealing with some trying things, but we have a beautiful loving home. And happiness will come back as our family grows and time heals.

#6 baristajedi, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    Peterpangirl, Rana, Leela80 and 4 others like this.
  7. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    happy place.....? not quite yet, but i am so much happier than i was. im out sexually, and couldnt be happier or prouder than i am about it. i've figured out my gender and started HRT almost 7 months ago and my mind and brain are so much more balanced and, yes happy. i have a plan to come out in the spring and go full time and while it's scary as heck i know it's the right path for me to live as Sarah. plus ive sort of come to the conclusion to move to the city where there is a community of people like me, and i have a few friends.

and my son is in University and thriving, loving the community he is building. i couldnt be more proud, but then he does something that actually makes me more proud.

all of this makes me stronger, more stable, and even able to deal with the crap from my ex. ha!

#7 looking for me, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    Rana, Leela80, Choirboy and 1 other person like this.
  8. Rana

Rana Guest

Hello Silverhalo,
    May I ask what aspect or characteristic you first notice and liked about your girlfriend? I'm always curious about what keeps people connected in the early days when you don't yet know each other very well.

9. Rana

Rana Guest

Wow, so many lovely stories. I'm so grateful to hear them. I'm so saddened by hurtful relationships that I've had in the past that I need to really work at having hope.
    It has been a tough couple of weeks for me due to a break up, and a somewhat rocky aftermath. For some reason, I get really sad around 5:00 or 6:00 pm on most days.

What am I happy about? I'm happy that I have had the strength to stick to my principles and not tolerate being treated poorly. I guess I'm happy for having the strength to walk away from a bad situation even though I miss the good times like crazy and it's still an emotionally difficult time. I'm happy for my health too (I take that for granted far too often). I'm happy to read all of your lovely words on EC. ❤️

looking for me likes this.
  10. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course you may ask. I don't think it was one specific thing. Perhaps for me it was different because I started talking to her on here the same way I talk to many people all over the world, just chatting never expecting it to become anything more than EC buddies. I think the things that then sparked my interest more were the fact she was easy to talk to, she had a good sense of humour, we had some similar interests, she seemed to like chatting to me (this always amazed me).

dreamingfreely and Orchidea123 like this.
  11. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My recent happiness comes from two things: realization and gratefulness.

I realized that having strong romantic love for a woman now feels normal and natural to me.

I am grateful to have her near me. However long it takes for her to fully warm up to me and open up - she is near me and it makes me happy.

12. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My happy feelings are because I came out to myself. I finally acknowledged that I’m attracted to men and I’m bisexual. Not sure what’s next but it brings a certain peace

13. NeonSocks

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have been happy for the simple reason that the time change last weekend has allowed me to drive home during sunset. There is something magical about that time of day and sunsets in the fall and winter are especially wonderful. Nature is a blank canvas and the colors seem so warm and welcoming. Driving into the sunset each night after a long day at work just gives me that extra moment of peace that I crave and reminds me that there is so much beauty in the world.

14. junebug99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's how I feel. I could sit by a lake and just watch the waves crashing into the rocks. I like to keep a look out for hawks and other large birds. They are so majestic and beautiful to watch. Even watching the wind blowing the snow around is fun to watch. I don't think I have felt this happy in years. Karate will always be my most happy place. And the fall colors are beautiful.

15. butterfly1

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Happy moment- when my cat curls up in my lap. Purring like there is no tomorrow. : )
    Working on getting to that happy place inside myself.

16. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pets are great. I really miss having a pet. :slight_smile:

Cuddling my daughter is my really happy moment. And being back in full time work has made me happier more generally. Gives me a sense of purpose.