1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indulging the Lady

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ShyCollie, Oct 28, 2017.

1. ShyCollie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Quick summary. So I'm a little new here (biologically male, in 30s) and I joined because I will sometimes get these urges and desires to be female. It hits so hard it hurts a little. Then gradually fades away. I don't know if I'm trans, or what I'm just trying to figure things out and have some new experiences.

SO, it has been suggested to me to indulge in this feminine part. Thanks to improving life, I'm now in a safe spot where I can try that out gradually. I thought it might be interesting to share the exploration of femininity from someone who has described themselves as male most of his life.

Body hair: As mentioned in another post I've done some prep work with trimmers, and tonight I did the actual shaving. Only a few nicks and little burn. I have to say, I feel 10X cleaner. I'm coarse and wiry guy, always self conscious about it. Feels sooooooo much nicer. Its smooth. Well.....smoother. The hair put up a fight and its not beach body worthy. I'm sure the ladies here would have laughed at my attempts. Because they were funny as hell. I may have to finish it off the stubborn stubble with cream. HOWEVER, it has also hit home that I am overweight. Which brings me to the next item.

Diet and Exercise: Ok. Dieting really never struck me as a "feminine" thing, but here me out. Trying to bring my diet up to 90% vegetarian, and cardio everyday. Made sure I did a little research to pick up those foods that improve skin and hair. The hair is gone, I want pretty skin. Also less fat.

Facial Mask: Was a little excited about this one. "Studio 35 Beauty's Cucumber Facial Mask" To my surprise it was not a mint colored paste as I thought it would be. Hollywood lies to me again. I looked and acted like glue. I know what model glue looks like. I'm not entirely certain that someone at Studio 35 wasn't disgruntled and decided to screw over this batch. Very thick. VERY much like modeling glue. It dried like it too.

That being said, it was strangely satisfying to peel off. Like I was in elementary school again, peeling the elmer's off the back of my hand. Face feels good. Hope it does some good. By the way, facial stubble makes peeling off a facial mask a little more difficult. Will shave next time.

Conclusion: I hope to keep gradually building on and doing these things as time goes by. If its within my possibility, budget, and my ability to hide it in public. ( I am also a little scared and paranoid about this) Maybe I'll post more about it here. I think the next adventure will involve using foundation and blush. I'm already researching and trying to watch videos on how to apply it. Looking for proper skin tone color.

Zoe Kay likes this.
  2. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey ShyCollie,

Good for you putting the work in to answer questions and find yourself! It is a hard thing to do.

3. ShyCollie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not going to bore people with the details but I am 3 months in new living conditions. I finally have ACTUAL private, clean, and non-stressful environment to live in. First time in a couple of decades. My meds are evening me out and keeping the brain poison down.

With all this I feel horizons expanding. That I can do things I would have never done. Pick up things that I had given up trying in my depression. I'm still VERY paranoid of having this private stuff exposed, but its not what it was.

Side note; what I thought was natural freckling along my legs and arms, turns out thats the result of me butchering the shaving (haven't had a view of my skin hair-free in a long time). Internet tells me the slang term for it is strawberry legs. Will try a sugar scrub next weekend.

4. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not sure how helpful it will be, but this article is written by a man who suddenly had to shave his legs for physiotherapy. He goes into full detail about the correct way to go about it and the several painful mistakes he made, and the internet chat conversation at the beginning of the article is frankly hilarious.

https://adequateman.deadspin.com/the-reluctant-mans-guide-to-shaving-your-legs-1679785149

#4 Hats, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  5. ShyCollie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh thanks! And yes it is helpful. Its a list of things I didn't do right lol. Mainly exfoliating *AFTER* as well. I thought it would damage the skin more. I hope this will work on my chest and stomach as well. It might be psychosomatic but I think I can feel the irritation of my legs setting in. *sigh* I may still go with the cream at least once. Just to help with the hard to reach spots, so the hair isn't as long next time. Easier to shave.