1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I gather my words together and come out?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by kodiakruble, Oct 28, 2017.

1. kodiakruble

Like do I have to walk into my living room and say something like "hi mum I want to cut my boobs off as I don't feel like a girl". Like Im not sure from which side to bite the coming out process. Can someone please help me with that?

2. swimmingfly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    same. i'm not out to my parents as trans, they just think i'm a lesbian and my mom barely accepts that. when i came out to one of my friends i showed them this picture of a mom holding up a dress to her daughter and there is a mirror but the reflection shows a mom holding up a dress to her son, and i told them that's how i felt. sometimes art is better at describing your feelings than words are.

Arianna240985 and BiDragon like this.
  3. denouement

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Perhaps start with "I dont feel like a girl". If you can put it into words, explain it further.... Why do you feel you arent a girl? (Physical/social dysphoria? Just a feeling?) What do you feel you are instead? What have you done about it so far? What would you like to do in the future?

Personally I wrote a letter trying to answer similar questions, and left it for my mom to read. I was able to say exactly what I wanted without the issue of stumbling over words or forgetting what I was going to say next.

Arianna240985 likes this.