1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Storm101, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Storm101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I have been talking to this guy on Tumblr for months now. We have gotten really close and share a lot of things with each other, and we might even like each other. The thing is, Im 16 and he is 19 (Don't worry, no nudes were sent XD I'm too shy and we both don't want to break the law at all lol). We talked about it and he said that he would be willing to wait for me. I think I like him, but at the same time I'm not sure if i'll have the strength to wait, and I also think he deserves someone better than me. He's a really sweet guy and I just don't know what to do. I would really appreciate the advice. This has been bothering me for days now, Ive even lost sleep. Thanks guys^^

#1 Storm101, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you knew each other in real life then I'd say talk to the parents and ask if they think it's okay age gap wise.

Since you don't, I'd say call it off and block him. Nice people online might not be nice people in real life.

3. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think the above suggestion of blocking him is a little bit harsh. I do think it would be unwise to date or anything at the moment since you're a minor and he's not (which I think is a bigger deal than a fairly small age gap), but it sounds like you have a rather healthy relationship and are able to be open and honest with each other while also being smart.

I wouldn't ask him to wait for you since that would put a ton of pressure on your relationship if you ever do get together, but I think it's okay to let him know that he's special to you and try to stay close with him and just see what happens in the future. You said yourself you may not want to wait, and that might be really difficult for him too, so I would just keep things as-is for now while also keeping an open mind if you're both single down the road. I don't think there's any reason to stop talking to him and I also don't think you should say that he deserves someone better than you -- he's clearly found plenty of reasons to like you, and since you're close I'm confident those reasons are all real.

4. Storm101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You’re probably right haha thanks