1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fancy dress ideas for Halloween.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bernice, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One of the guys on my local skittles team has suggested that at our next game we dress up for Halloween. I'm quite on board with the idea. But given my 'leanings' I'm thinking this might be a chance for me to go somewhat feminine without putting myself out there in the spotlight if you see what I mean.

Now I don't just want to dress as female as at is not fancy dress and I feel it is a bit insulting to those that dress a female on a regular basis but I would like to go as something female. Say for an example a witch although I think a witch is a bit genetic and I don't really want to go down the old crone root which I think I'd have to for Halloween.

So has anyone got any creative ideas for something could go as? just fishing around for ideas really.

2. Ohsnapits

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hmm, maybe a female pirate, Poison Ivy, or a female devil?

3. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I was thinking of the devil idea.

4. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How about a dark fairy? Fairies can be male or female, so you can glitz yourself up without looking like you're trying to be a female creature.

Or a genie. Pantomime genies often have a lot of makeup even though they're male. You don't have to look like the Disney version, you can just find a fancy Arabian style outfit, tart yourself up and carry a lamp around with you and be cheeky and ask people to rub it to make you come out :wink: perhaps that's going too far?

5. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do like the Dark Fairy/fallen Angel idea. Yeah I think the Genie would be to far although that does sound like something I would say. After all it is playing skittles so we do handle balls.

6. Abdeltyf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nice Dave's idea is actually pretty good! :dancer:
    As a lazy person, I'd just be a ghost or something. But I guess you can always try animal-related outfits, or.. traditional outfits like kimonos? But that doesn't sound much Halloween-like. I mean, witch and Satan are your best options!

7. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you could be an undead geisha wearing a kimono. Or one of those cyborg geishas from Ghost in the Shell, they're a bit freaky looking.

8. Abdeltyf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yep. Very freaky looking.

9. GalleyGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You could go as some kind of spirit, in quite a gender less form. Long flowing robes and hair, very pale and ambiguous/ inhuman looking?

10. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok first off. GalleyGirl- Good idea and I did think of something along these lines. I use to have some robes but gave them away a few years ago.
    ultimately I had been happy with the sexy devil outfit. However:

Only one other person (the one who suggested it) was up for fancy dress. No one else was interested. So in the end there was no fancy dress. However I think in the long run I was probably lucky. The sheer amount of 'hurtful' banter that had come my way tonight has just t made me realise that anything out of the ordinary that I did on this team would be ridiculed. Mainly I think this had been because I've had a few. (and to be fair I am slightly pissed having had six pints and I really am concentrating here to write this)
    It made me really question weather I want to keep playing skittles and that the only reason I go apart from being Captain is because of a girl that comes along every week as she goes out with one of the guys and I find her quite a laugh.
    So yeah this ended up being a bit of a rant just to get things off my chest so sorry for that but feeling a bit down at the moment. Anyway one of the team ( the boyfriend of the for mentioned girl) has had red nail varnish on for the last two weeks without any comment at all.. I am thinking about wearing red nail varnish next week and see what happens. I realise I might be setting myself up for a fall here but something inside me wants to test how things stand in this team because I' m thinking of quitting. ( a few years ago when In played for the team before there were a couple of players that took the piss so badly;y that I stopped playing then because I wasn't enjoying it.

So sorry about this turning into a bit of a rant. I was gonna wait until I sobered up tomorrow but I thought if I write it tonight then I can re read it tomorrow and try and gage how drunk I may be. Apparently I'm at the slurring stage. I'm just feeling really disappointed and down from tonight even after winning £5 on a bet with an other team member.