1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News President Trump to Speak at an Anti-LGBT Conference This Weekend

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by brainwashed, Oct 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It isn't about you until you make outrageous and irrelevant claims. Then you start to make it personal. Which is totally ridiculous since President Trump doesn't represent any of the outlandish positions that you claim. You're throwing dirt at a wall and it doesn't stick. But it DOES potentially say tons about YOU! Please stop and revert from rhetoric to real discussions.

2. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    The fact is that Trump spoke at an Anti-LGBT conference. Stop the personal attacks against me because it is not about me.

You are very rude trying trying to intimidate me for having my personal opinion on this subject. Your recent posts have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

3. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This makes about as much sense as a Jew defending what hitler did. I thought we were supposed to be a free country and not a communist dictatorship where you're not allowed to not like the president. I was wrong for that insinuation about this country, I was taught in school we had so-called rights to not agree with the president and not like him and have freedom of speech and religion. That was a waste of time and I'm so glad I was forced to sit through that bullshit in school. I was wrong to thonk we had that right. The country clearly is doing away with freedom of speech, freedom of religion- I just wish the schools would've taught me that instead of these so-called rights.

I see nothng wrong in what KyleD was saying, at all, and his fears are shared by alot of gay people. I don't know about you, but i would rather NOT be forced into conversion therapy or jails or executed just for being gay, which, by the president of this country giving these people hope for their views, is what it's looking more like will happen. Especially when pence takes over.

4. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It would mean the exact same thing if they wrote "the health hazards of sex." It doesn't, it specifically calls out homosexuality - as if it were any different than heterosexual sex...

5. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Exactly! And their reasoning for why it's hazardous is, quite frankly, retarded. People should read or know what they're defending before they defend it to the death blindly.

6. Lukecetion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Trump has openly admitted and talked about his standing when it comes to same-sex marriage several times. While he comments that his view is "evolving", he also states that he remains full heartily for a "traditional marriage between a man and a woman". It is a smart way of saying that you aren't even interested in entertaining the thought of "same-sex marriage" because you've already decided. That is his stance right now. (Though as with anyone, that is subject to change in the coming years, but not coming minutes.)

Trump is an intelligent business man, which makes him extremely skilled in the art of manipulation. That is why he is also know for constantly altering his narrative and views, in order to fit the situation. Though he does so in the smallest of ways, ensuring that even if someone notice a change, they'll start to doubt their own memory before him. It is a common way of manipulating people, a simple way and it is commonly used in advertisement and media.

Trump originally stated that he was against same-sex marriage because "he didn't feel good about it", his public profile falls and he goes on to state how he is "for giving the same rights to gay people" and then goes back and forth around it. The way to spot a person manipulating the narrative is to view their starting point, as that is often the only "real" point they made. Trump's first comments about homosexuality is that he is not a supporter of the marriage idea, nor the idea itself. The reason behind this is his strong religious views, which is why he talks about the bible a lot when asked about same-sex marriage.

So. That makes Trump a homophobe without question. Now we have this news about his talking on a Anti-LGBT Conference which is supported and backed by organizations and/or individuals who are known to be against same-sex marriage and homosexuality in large parts. There is only one reason for a homophobe to talk in a place like this, to vent out their opinion. I also don't get why you are so sensitive regarding Trump. Anyone who's studied some form media and PR work can tell you that he is really good at manipulation and he knows it.

7. StarRunner

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think Trump will throw any group under the bus if he thinks it will get him more votes. This includes the LGBT population, particularly in his treatment of transgender people with his ban to prevent them from joining the military and referring the bathroom laws back to the states. He is also passing laws to allow religious groups to discriminate against gays and lesbians based on religious beliefs without any burden of proof.He is pro-life and indicated he would appoint a prolife judge to the Supreme Court, which he has done. Trump has divided the country with his rhetoric against Muslims and banning them from entering the country.

This is a president who received support from Beitbart and the KKK during the election campaign. When white supremacists marched in Charlottesville giving Nazi salutes and shouting anti-gay epitaths, Trump claimed some of them were 'very fine people." Whether Trump is racist or not, he has helped to mobilize racists in coming out of the closet and expressing their hatred, in much the same way as he is attacking the rights of women and the LGBT population.

It also shows Trump is willing to pick one side over the other on these issues. If the LGBT community had a meeting with workshops about how religion causes mental health problems, I don't think Trump would be showing up with his Pride shirt. However, by appearing at this conference, I do believe Trump is only pandering to religious zealots because he wants their votes. All Trump cares about is Trump, not religious rights or values, or anyone else. It's all about power.

#47 StarRunner, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  8. Zakku

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    @Browncoat - Somthing happend when I was replying and it quoted my message so I just have to @ you

Hazard Means 1 danger or risk, implying that homosexuality itself is a hazard. Hazards means multiple dangers or risks, implying there are multiple dangers or risks in homosexuality which there can be.And to answer your question if it is different, it is different from Heterosexual sex, is it not? And there are specific health hazards for Homosexual sex that are not there for Heterosexual sex and Vice Versa.

Suicide/Attempted Suicide and Suicidal thoughts are considerably higher than the the rest of the population, Substance misuse is also high (I suppose it goes with the other one) STD's are higher in the LGBT community as well (ALSO: Anal Cancer, Eating Disorders >Male Female< Breast/Endometrial/Cervical cancer) - This is from the US National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health

#48 Zakku, Oct 24, 2017
  9. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Zakku, that pamphlet is anti gay propaganda with an aim to shame and stigmatize gay people. In my country gay sex is criminalized so false and inaccurate information like that is used to justify it. A speaker from the conference was also in my country at a hate rally so I am personally affected by this situation. These people export their ideology of hate to other countries and it is harmful, dangerous and irresponsible.

#49 KyleD, Oct 24, 2017
  10. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And I'm sure they just as avidly cover the specific health hazards of heterosexual sex too, right?

Gee, I wonder why suicidal thoughts and poor mental health resulting in issues like substance abuse and unsafe sex are so much higher in the LGBT population? Couldn't have anything to do with groups like these?

Just to make a long story short: these people do not like you. They are not trying to be kind. They are not trying to be fair. They are not trying to be helpful. They would just as soon do away with you if they could. The vast majority of people on both the left and the right side of the aisle know that and will admit to it. I have no idea why you can't, and I'm unwilling to engage in a petty post war for it, so I will just end my involvement in the thread now...

#50 Browncoat, Oct 24, 2017
  11. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is not too difficult to see a pamphlet like that for what it is: deliberately anti-homosexual propaganda. All you need to do is read the other side where it plainly states its thesis, "why we should be concerned about homosexuality", to understand the agenda and rationale behind such a thing. It is not being presented in an advisory way for the LGBT community to combat and deal with the sexual and mental health issues that plague it; it is presented as condemnatory fear-mongering to alert conservatives of a growing menace. These kinds of things can be extremely harmful in the long-run and are emblematic of the toxic attitude toward the LGBT community of many of these conferences. An attitude that contributes to and exacerbates the high suicide and mental illness rate among the community.

Sometimes it is beneficial to escape the mire of fence-sitting and whataboutism.

Trump is not a friend of the LGBT community. Whatever his personal views are is irrelevant. He may be ultimately ambivalent, as certain past statements of his have indicated. But what we have seen is that he is easily swayed, particularly when it comes to placating his base. His ambivalence allows for the appeasement of more socially conservative voices like that of Pence. He can go either way. He is not out to harm the LGBT community, but if his supporters would rather he push forth and embolden policy that would harm the LGBT community in the end, I have little doubt that he would do so.

#51 Libertino, Oct 24, 2017
  12. Zakku

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am to done with this petty war over who is right or wrong, I can't seem to make anyone understand not everyone is homophobic or trying to end gay rights. Sorry for trying to see things as they are clearly stated not how you feel about it. - Love Zakku

13. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    On the contrary, you are the one injecting emotion into this, ignoring the facts, misrepresenting and ridiculing the counterarguments, and dismissing the pursuit of truth as "petty". I find it sad that this seems to be how most discussions in the news section end. I can see we are in for a dim future.

#53 Libertino, Oct 25, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.