1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush Advice / How to Stop Blushing

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Mia C, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Mia C

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello,

so I have this major crush on a girl I regularly have to deal with. I don't want to act on it, since I am in a happy, longterm, monogamous relationship with a guy. I am out as bi to pretty much everyone who cares at this point, said lady is not aware of my orientation as far as I know.

My problem is, it is really hard for me to talk to her without blushing and even feeling nautious. And once I feel like I blush even a little bit I get so self consious and focus on my blushing so much that I end up blushing more, sometimes even sweating slightly. It's so stupid and embarassing and I really just want to come across normal when I talk to her.
    Ah, aweful. Any tips?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:
    Mia

Blue Nails likes this.
  2. Blue Nails

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey Mia! :slight_smile:
    Firstly, you do NOT want to give away that you like her because of your boyfriend am I right?
    Then hmmm let me dig through my experience with crushes...
    1) Try to talk to her in short intervals. I feel like this helps me a lot. For example, talk to her for a few minutes, say two or three things and then look off somewhere else, take a breath for a bit and then continue.
    2) Keep your phone or something else you can possibly hold or look at to distract yourself
    3) Try to involve another person in the conversation! If it's a three way conversation it'll be much easier to blush less
    Hope that helped! TELL ME HOW IT GOES MIA :slight_smile: