1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to get over rejection?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hopelesskid, Oct 21, 2017.

1. hopelesskid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am a 23-year-old and I am afraid of rejection. I knew that I was a lesbian ever since I could remember. So, when I thought I was ok with my sexuality, I started asking girls out in middle school. Now I don’t know what in the hell I was thinking, I was still in the closet (hell, I am still kinda in the closet. Lol) and still wanted to date. Anyway, I would ask a girl out in private and she would scream ewww and then proceed to tell everyone I asked her out. I had girls laugh in my face, I had girls tell me to go away. Got to the point where I thought sending notes would be better… wrong, they would pass the note around class. Now it’s hard for me to tell a girl how I feel about her; my love life is nonexistent. I always tell girls I like that I like them at an inconvenient time (just got out of a bad relationship, just got in a relationship, etc.). Sometimes I don’t even tell a girl I like her, other times I try to drop hints, so they can talk to me first, or my friends would tell my crush that I like them. How do I get over this? Because every time I even think about asking a girl out, those flash backs of hard rejections come back. Any tips or advice is welcomed.

2. Whiteguy12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It might be hard to see who likes girls and who doesn’t. Maybe wait for them to come to you or just ask them out as friends and go from there. Me be you are coming off too strong? If they make it a big deal just turn it around on them and be like “what? I meant as friends...” or something along those lines