1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

leaving the nest

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by simple boy, Oct 22, 2017.

1. simple boy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    it's kinda have gotten hard to talk to my mom lately i've been ignoring her, i'm just going to avoid her and move to seattle. since i can't do this it a be best for the both of us i'm starting a new life, tomorrow will be my last day in florida i can't really stop thinking about telling my parents so the last time that i talk to my mom will be tomorrow my parents would not really understand this they'd probably would just think that i'm going through a phase this is what makes me happy i can't be who she won'ts me to be so i most leave some thing gotta give.

i don't have any friends i did try making friends at work it never really work out the last co worker that i befriended pretty much tried to get me fired i honestly don't know how to make friends my mom is my only friend now i really feel alone the only person that i can turn to now is thomas it's not like this is the first time that i was alone i can do this i'm a big boy i don't need my mom this is me growing up i guess. i'm not some mommy boy i can live with out her.

this is what i need i'm doing the right thing this is whats right for me this is what's best for me i need to start living my life as nat now sorry mom i'm not the little princess that you have always dream of.

2. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sorry but I think this is a horribly selfish and unfair plan. It's one thing if your mother is abusive or actively hostile towards you, but if she's just struggling to come to terms with your gender or doesn't fully understand it I think would be cruel to just move across the country without telling her. Since you say that she is your only friend now, I'm pretty sure that she doesn't deserve this.

Talk through your problems, explain your frustrations, and even move if you absolutely need a fresh start, but don't destroy your relationship with your mother, especially if that's one of the only significant ones that you have. You only get one set of parents and you'll greatly regret causing that much pain to someone who loves you. This is not solving your problems, it's running from them and creating a set of new ones, and not just for yourself.

3. wonderingabout

As a mother I totally agree with the above poster, do not sever the relationship with your Mom. Move if you need too bit do not shut her out or cut her out of your life. You may need her someday and moving without telling her is just plain cruel and will cause her a great deal of anguish. She may not totally understand you but.the fact that yous still have a relationship leads me to believe she is trying If you can’t talk to her in person at least write her a letter and let her know what is happening and your plans.

Take care
    Of yourself and do what you need to do for you but seriously consider how you should go about it. Some things can’t be undone

4. simple boy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    She have been trying to talk to me i can till cause she never calls my dad for nothing. I guess talking to her would not hurt, I feel like it's much easier to run away from my problems then face them and plus I'm only out to one person this bring me back to a time when I was in kindergarten I peed on my self and it was the first day My dad made me tell Mom, at that time I though that was the most Scarry thing to Tell her but I did it even though it toke me almost an hour I still remember her telling me that I could tell her anything but I just don't know about this I feel like I'm the same way I was as a child :frowning2:

5. simple boy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    To be I have already written a letter for both my parents but I'm to scared to send the letters to them maybe I'll actually send her the letter this time