1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ArminMin, Oct 21, 2017.

1. ArminMin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Im looking through all the pictures of my last convention and I reallyyyyy hate all the pictures of me x.x :cry:
    I dont know any photographers so only my sister takes pictures of me while I take some of her. Tbh Im good at taking pictures but sadly she isnt so much..or she is too lazy tbh.
    So I end up being the one with the worse pictures, I make both our costumes and she always makes it look like she makes them herself so she seems like a great cosplayer while I seem like a total noob.
    Its so depreessing and frustrating!!!!!
    Sorry for the rant, had to vent somewhere I guess :frowning2:

I often feel like giving up all these dumb hobbies, yet it pains me so much having to do that.

2. BearyGood

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I see you're from Germany. I always wanted to visit there, but being 19 it's hard to travel the globe.

I can see why you're depressed and frustrated. Everyone around you is open about their sexuality while you're over here trying your best to cosplay and have fun to hopefully be recognized by these kinds of people so you can actually have a group of friends where you have similar interests and hangout with all while being accepted by them, yet it's not working out the way you want it to. On top of all of that, you feel you can't talk to your own sister about your sexuality without the fear of being judged by her (Worst feeling ever. Been there, done that). Depression is so hard to understand :frowning2: and to mix that in with what you're dealing with is just a downward spiral of bad thoughts and isolation.

What kind of town do you live in? What's around you in terms of social gatherings and clubs?

3. ArminMin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Exactly what you said v.v its nice someone can at least understand what I feel ^^'

I actually live in a pretty small village belonging to a town. In our town theres not too much going, I mean theres parties and clubs like everywhere but its all you know... pretty old fashioned people, even the youth. Usually when Im on conventions in my costume (they are in bigger cities) every reacts positively to it or aska about it and stuff (theres some exceptions of course but thats ok). Once I come back here by train, and still wearing my costume..., I get all kinds of weird glances. People here are not used to 'freaks' like this. I feel like every fucking younger girls and boys look the same here =_='

4. BearyGood

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Anytime :grin: I was in that state before and it's shitty. It came back though sadly, but I'm here to help others to unite as one and not feel alone, as that's what depression can do (Make you feel isolated).

I can't say with certainty, but that's usually how it is in smaller towns/villages due to the small population. It's more of a "if you can't beat 'en, join them" situation.

Ignore the weird glances and be yourself and be proud for who you are is my advice. Or you can try moving to a bigger town, experience all the uniqueness and have fun without getting those "weird glances".

They're just jealous, that's why you're receiving those glances hehe. No really though, they are just not used to it like you said; minus the "freak" part. Without the creativity some people have, the world would be a boring place with no fun to it. Who knows, maybe you'll start encouraging some people in your village to start wearing their cosplays as well :slight_smile:

Embrace who you are and have fun no matter how many weird glances you receive.

5. ArminMin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know being yourself is what ppl say but it never did any good for me. being alone with a hobby or passion is just shitty..in fact I feel it kills me. I wish I would be just normal not having to think about this bullshit...
    ive decided to give it up, nobodys gonna notice anyway and instead of struggling and being sad I can just be sad....