1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i bisexual/pansexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by deadrose, Oct 22, 2017.

1. deadrose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So basically i am a transgender women who always liked men and still do but realized i also like masculine women and gender non conforming people but typically male/masculine. i'm not really attracted to feminine people as much, or as common i am but not usually as strong or in the same sense but i like masculine people with feminine features if that makes sense so technically i'm attracted to more than one gender but am i still bi if its only or mostly masculine people? or is there another specific term? i guess im not unattracted to people who are not masculine or presenting but i just have a stronger preference.

2. jam93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's actually pretty common for bi people to have a preference one way or another. Most if us aren't equally attracted to men and women. Sexuallity is a spectrum, and unless you fall on the extreem ends (exclusively homosexual or exclusively heterosexual) you're bi. That means that you can be nostly attracted to one gender, but also kind of attracted to another, and still be bi.
    Now to somewhat contradict myself. It's also important to note that all these lables (gay, straight, lesbian, bi, pan, etc) are just artificial boxes we humans have placed on that spectrum to discribe it. There aren't really hard lines between them, no magic point where straight becomes bi or bi becomes gay. Why am I telling you this? Well it's because the way you identify yourself is your choice. There's no line between bi and straight, so there's no way anyone can tell you "no you have to identify this way because your on that side of the line." Basically if you feel like bi is the right lable (because you like men and masculine women) use it. If you prefer pan (because you mentioned you like non-binary people) use that. Alternatively, if you feel like straight is a better lable (maybe you kind of like masculine women and non-binary people but not really enough to want to do anything about it) use that. Basically what What I'm saying is that while sexuality isn't a choice, the way you lable it, in some ways, is.
    Anyway I hope this helped. I always feel like, I ramble a lot in these, but people seem to respond well so I must be doing something right. Oh, and welcome to empty closets, we're happy to have you in the comunity.

3. xZoe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My advice would be to not put such a rush on labeling yourself- if you find yourself attracted to someone and they are attracted to you, go for it! :kissing_smiling_eyes: