1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Healthy Cookware

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaeb, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Kaeb

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Bought a cookware set a few months ago that ended up being much lower quality than expected. Non-stick coated aluminum. It was advertised as ceramic, because of the ceramic coating. Deceptive company. I need some healthy, non toxic cookware, but I'm overwhelmed with all these reviews on sets that seem great but people aren't happy with. I need some suggestions on healthy sets or good companies. Anybody know any?

2. SomecallhimTim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ikea has pretty good stuff and it's fairly cheap. I don't know if they have ceramic stuff but they do have nice uncoated pots and pans.

3. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

We use both non-stick and cast iron at my house. I love cast iron...we have a pot that’s cast iron enamel, and it’s really versatile and awesome to cook with. You just have to season cast iron correctly, so I would say that nonstick is easier, but a more durable quality of nonstick. I’m not sure what brand of nonstick is good (I forget what ours are), but Lodge is a good brand for cast iron and cast iron enamel. I’m not sure, but I think there are non stick pots/pans without costing or Teflon. With nonstick though, just be careful for using metal cooking utensils of scrubbers on it...that’s what makes the Teflon scratch off, and when that gets in your food it’s no bueno. Cast iron is more durable and healthier I think...it’s okay if cast iron scratches, and the more wear and tear the better. Using metal in cast iron is perfectly okay also.

#3 Shoei Loei, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2017
  4. Kaeb

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks I haven't checked Ikea yet. I'll see what they've got. I did buy a cast iron skillet this week, and it's AMAZING. I love it. Food smells so good cooking on it too. I'm looking for 18/10 stainless steel too. I did some more research and the 18/10 or 18/8 is said to be best as far as stainless goes, plus 3 ply offers more even heating.

5. shadowalex

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I definitely second the cast iron suggestion. Also getting non-coated stainless steel is good too. Although nowadays I prefer cooking with the cast iron.

#5 shadowalex, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017