1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It’s been a while hi

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Dylan1357, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Dylan1357

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I joined EC earlier this year when I was going through kind of a lonely and depressive stage because I had no one to talk to about my problems and stuff, which helped for a while and I was happier for a couple months but now I’m starting to go back to the dark depressive state ;everyday I wake up knowing to day is a another boring lonely day, I go to school and I feel lonely even though I have lots of people to talk too and when I get the chance to be alone like at dinners and breaks I take it I go to one of the classroom sit down and listen to music.
    Music is the thing that is stopping me from breaking down , it’s the thing getting me through my day I listen to it full blast blocking out everything.

I don’t know why I feel this way and why it came back so suddenly but I know it isn’t right. I’m good at hiding emotion because I’m good at hiding basically everything else as I know everything I hide is a weakness and if I let people see me as weak I’ll be forgotten and pushed aside. No one is going to be there for me in school and I don’t want to worry my mam because she has enough shit to worry about and I don’t want to add to that.

But I don’t know how long this is going to continue but I think it’s going to be a while before I’m happy again and this kills me.

2. SomecallhimTim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been dealing with severe depression and anxiety for the past 5 years and I'm finally starting to learn how to manage it. If there's any way you can see a therapist or a counselor, that's one of the best things to do. They can help you figure out what's going on and teach you effective ways to cope with it. If that isn't an option, you should look online for mindfulness techniques. Those are really useful in dealing with depression. It's also helpful to have a plan for what to do when things get bad and to follow through with it even if you don't feel like it. Do something that makes you happy, or at least something productive. Make lists of everything you can think of that's good in life. I know all that is usually the last thing you want to do when you're depressed but it really does help. Distracting yourself from the negative thoughts in whatever way works will help you to ignore them. Also, I know that it might seem easier to keep everything inside but it's better to talk to people. Shutting yourself off tends to make everything worse. If you ever want to talk to someone you can PM me.

Dylan1357 likes this.
  3. Dylan1357

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for replying I know your suggestions will help hopefully I’m going to start being more productive and keeping myself occupied.