1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm NOT looking to hang out with anyone here in real life..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by urien1, Oct 13, 2017.

1. urien1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I DO have a few areas that I need help with:

I want to write my own story, and meet new friends, but I don't know where to go. I don't want to hang out with people just because they're LGBTQ, as that doesn't define them as a person. I'm looking for people who are great human beings who happen to be whatever they want to be. I'm just scared in this new presidency that there aren't as many safe places, and just don't know who to trust...

2. mlansing

No one hangs out here in real life, it's an anonymous online forum. You can start by being a "great human being" yourself and not decide you don't want to hang out with people "just because they're LGBTQ," which appears to be your only reason for not seeking out people of the LGBTQ community in your area (which, btw, would be my advice to you :wink:

3. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Technically speaking, it's against the rules of this site regardless.

I don't meet up with others either. You really don't know who you can trust a fair bit of the time, and fear holds me back for the sake of my own safety. It's a lonely life but from what I can tell, it's the safest route.

I can't offer proper advice on such since considering I'm struggling with making/keeping friends myself, however I do enjoy communication on sites like this as it offers a medium of communication without the threat of potential backstabbing/physical violence. It gives me that slight shard of courage needed to speak up against one who "disagrees" with my very existence.

As far as a social aspect goes there's unfortunately a lot of things that can't be done, but at the same time it presents many safeties not present in normal interactions.

#3 Kira, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  4. JaimeGaye

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, OK
    At the risk of sounding rude, here it goes,
    Identifying as genderqueer and bisexual then posting a question such as yours in an LGBTQ forum is akin to asking "How do I go about nailing as many marks as possible both gay and straight?"
    I have another news flash for you.
    Contrary to the opinions of the teabagger far right elitists most REAL REPUBLICANS do not give one mouse fart about your sexual orientation INCLUDING the current everyone loves to hate President.

Frankly I myself find your post a bit rude and condescending.

Destroyed likes this.
  5. urien1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi, nice to meet you.

Let me be the first to apologize if my post came off as condescending or rude, as that wasn't my intention at all. I think we have a bit of a miscommunication here. What I'm trying to impart(and please forgive me if I misspeak) is that I'm looking to meet people who are just great human beings, regardless of their place on the gender spectrum, or what they identify as. I don't, however, want to seek people JUST BECAUSE they are LGBTQ, because I believe there is more to someone than their preference, etc. I believe that you have great people across the spectrum, but as I stated previously, I'm FEARFUL because in my opinion this current climate, while great in a lot of respects is also dangerous. So, to sum it up: I'd like to meet new people, but want to get to know them genuinely, but I'm scared for myself, as a genderqueer person.