1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Met the love of my life after kids and marriage

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Heather987, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Heather987

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am a female who has been married to an awesome amazing man for 5 years and i have a daughter, he is so good to me, understanding and loving but i never really loved him, i chose him based on my logic and brain and that was my mistake, i have been living in harmony with him for the past 4 years but i have always had crushes here and there until a year back i met a new girl who is also married and also has a kid.

I always suspected i have a thing for girls but the moment i saw her i was pulled to her, we became good frnds in seconds and we started seeing each other every single day and talk on phone for the rest of the day until one day i laid on her chest and my heart was pounding like crazy, i knew from that moment that my feelings for this girl are not just about friendship, things started getting more passionate until i found myself telling her about my feelings a year ago and she shared them with me. I never tasted anth like this before and never knew what love means until i met her, i love her in an insane crazy way and she loves me too.

We know for sure that we found true love and it was unlucky, i cant risk destroying my childs future and she cant risk destroying hers if we slpit with our husbands, we tried not to talk to each other and making distance and it just did not work for both of us its like we r addicted. i dont know what to do as i cant stand being with my husband now and all i do is fake it and play that i love him

I need advise on wat to do

2. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have kids myself and I'm sure many here can advise you based on personal experience.

But as a child of divorced parents, I can 100% say that when my parents were still together but unhappy, so was I. Children are very perceptive and they pick up on energies and feelings. Your faking it will only get worse with time, and with that comes disdain. I think it's much better for the child to leave a marriage that you are unhappy in than to stay for their sake, because they suffer the consequences of that broken marriage much more if they are exposed to the unhappiness daily. It can lead to a child believing that all relationships are unhappy, because that's what they see at home. Whereas if you separate and both of you move on with partners you actually love, the child will grow up with 2 examples of loving relationships. dunno if that makes sense but I hope it helps give some perspective from the child's POV.

3. junebug99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Staying in an unhappy marriage isn't good for you or your family. @Soundofmusic is right. Kids can see that either of you are unhappy. In my opinion it's just not healthy to Stay in an unhappy marriage. I hope you find your peace soon.

#3 junebug99, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  4. LittleStargazer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people