1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitness routine ideas?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by AlexJames, Oct 11, 2017.

1. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So i want to start working out. I haven no equipment and none of the confidence to join a gym. So...anyone wanna help me design a workout? Just to get in shape. Wanna put my potential hip/thigh dysphoria into something useful that'll make me feel good about myself, namely eating/drinking better and getting in shape.

I've asked my mom before but she doesn't' take me seriously and i'd rather not deal with her. Here's a list of some of the ideas i got - push ups, squats, front plank, side plank, superman, forward lunges, and side lunges. Mostly stuff remembered from childhood gym class. This is the site i was looking at earlier - https://www.acefitness.org/acefit/fitness-programs-article/2863/Top-25-At-Home-Exercises/ so i can learn the forms. And youtube, of course. I have like no stamina so just a quick, five or ten minute routine once or twice a day is what i'm thinking about starting out with.

Tried out a few things and i can do 20 push ups and squats each but that's all i tried. So, fitness routine ideas? Right now all i wanna do is get in shape. Since i have no running buddy there's no way mom will approve me going running or walking around the neighborhood so that's a no go. And i have no friends to run with anyways.

2. Jedi

Sit ups. If you can't run then a good alternative is a skipping rope. Do you have something you can do pull ups on?

3. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sit ups, great idea. Can't believe i forgot those lol i hated them as a kid. And no, i don't have anything i can do pull ups on. I mean i don't think i do. I'd have to buy something.

4. Lia444

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you have stairs you can run up and down? Anything heavy you can hold as a weight for squats, lunges bicep curls etc

5. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah i bought weights, just 5lb weights. Kind of just guessed. I can lift 24 packs of soda or water just fine, 28 is pushing it but doable, and i can lift most boxes of beer at work. Doing it with exercises sounds like a good idea! And yeah, i have stairs, but mom has clients and that's awkward. I'm trying to avoid anything that will make noise and get their attention.

6. Jedi

Maybe one of those exercise elastics? You can do more stuff with them than with weights.

AlexJames likes this.
  7. Lia444

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Resistance bands. You want to keep increasing the weights and resistance so you keep building muscle. I was thinking the stairs for when they weren’t home or do you have a garden you can do sprints in?

AlexJames likes this.
  8. anthracite

anthracite Guest

There's an app called superhero with bodyweight exercises, I think you'll like that.

AlexJames likes this.
  9. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for all your suggestions, I'll look into them. :slight_smile:

10. beagle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    AlexJames likes this.
  11. lil miss hikes

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Burpees I find to be pretty good if you don't have a lot of room to run around , and you'll burn fat while building some muscle at the same time . Look them up if you don't know how to do them. Also look up HIIT high intensity interval training and calisthenics