1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello :)

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by LostInDaydreams, Oct 9, 2017.

1. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello! I hope you're all well. :slight_smile:

I've been off EC for a few weeks, moving house and stuff. In general, not that much has changed.

I'm as sure as I can be (in my current situation), that I'm gay. For a while I did think that I had made it up, but then I realised I was noticing women, thinking about women, but not 'questioning'.

I don't see myself leaving my (opposite sex) partner in the near future. It's not practical at the moment, or in the best interests of all concerned. I feel OK with that. Of course, there is part of me that would have liked things to be different, but it is what it is.

I used to feel that as soon as I said that I'm gay, I needed to be making plans separate, but I don't think I need to be. It's just not the right move, right now.

:slight_smile:

Maya100 and Searching1 like this.
  2. Seeker65

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you are happy or at least contented where you are, why change things....life flows where it needs to be and you can take as long as you like when guiding it...after all YOU are in charge of your life.....I am as gay as you can get but I thought about marrying a man once and I loved him greatly.....I would have had a nice life I'm sure had I followed that path....I think people put to many boundaries on life ....they try to fit it neatly into some labeled box. I believe(and I'm not sure that's worth much) that life is to be lived big any free....there is not right way or wrong as long as you are happy or content...( never count contentment out....its sustainable where happiness in only moments at a time).Be well..:slight_smile:

3. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nice to hear from you. It is wonderful you are feeling somewhat comfortable. Refresh my memory, does your partner know?

LostInDaydreams likes this.
  4. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's so good to see you check in.

It sounds like you're feeling more at ease with your sexuality, that's a big step. And I think it's also good you're separating the question of your marriage from your sexuality. It helps to take things each on their own.

Keep posting, we missed you :slight_smile:

LostInDaydreams and Searching1 like this.
  5. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for your replies. :slight_smile: I missed you too

No, he doesn't. I will discuss it with him eventually because I don't think it's fair to keep the relationship going indefinitely without him knowing. It's his life too. It does impact our relationship. How much he picks up on and what he attributes it to, I don't know.