1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Married Dad - Coming Out Loosing Family

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by NewTheresa, Oct 2, 2017.

1. NewTheresa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good Evening,

Glad to be here, started on another site for straight spouses just asked a question and said hello - got slammed with anger for considering to be married and TG. I'm new whirlwind of emotions and thoughts, have started the process of coming out, but so many variables and consequences.. Emotions from Hi to Lo

I've made bad decisions getting here, and was never clear cut until recently, but feel I did the right thing, of my own accord, took responsibility. It's such an awful range of emotions at times, but working with local PFLAG and some online friends. I am feeling much better in the beginnings of Theresa. I feel like I love myself, not be ashamed anymore, and not live a lie. Amazing peace came over when I came out - the desire to engage in some self destructive behavior that really confirmed my TG identity, happiness, well being. It no longer was about the sex it was about being Theresa, no longer about the kink, just being in the moment. Clothes have never been an issue, they are reflection of me.

42yr - just really looking to talk and for support... feels like being in a blender.

Most important is family, I just dont want them hurt but seems that is the case... makes me want to just stuff things down and ignore. Hugs and kisses to each of you. Look forward to meeting and talking. I'm in day 6 of coming out. Day 1 went well, I have had some panic attacks, not too bad. Friday was hard, Sunday was the toughest as the full realization hit my str8 wife. Alot of valid upset rage... I'm doing my best, and try to be supportive... hard not to think if it would have been better to stuff and try better next time.

Thanks and Hugs

Theresa

2. maverick1

I know how you feel. I’m married 31 years now and discovered I am not only gay, I want to be a woman

NewTheresa likes this.
  3. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wait...so you're biologically a man but identify as a woman named Theresa? Then your label should be "female (trans)" if i understand the labels here right.

Anyways, welcome to EC, Theresa! Glad to have you, i hope you feel more welcomed and accepted here than on the other site. I can't help much, i mean i'm a single twenty something who isn't out yet to anyone. Save my dad. And that's only as being gay (i like girls).

4. NewTheresa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks Maverick... I feel horrible ATM... Absolute panic like I just ruined my wife and daughter's life by coming out and coming clean... I just wish this would end... gonna be OK, but I feel so worse ATM... almost wished I had repressed this... feeling awful today...

5. maverick1

Hugs

6. loepis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    :hugging: Hello, Theresa!

Everyone's journey is unique. I am sure you will find a lot of new friends who share similar experience here at EC.

7. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Theresa! This journey is very tough but you can get through. I lost my spouse and few relatives. I am a bit younger and don't have kids but yeah, it'still tough. When I grew up there was no information or anything. Back then and where I lived everything was very conservative and closed up.

I remember being very afraid in the beginning. I just lied on my bed for two weeks. I was so scared. I wish you all the best. You just can't hide forever. It really gets worse before it gets better. You have ruined nothing. You can't help being trans. There will be people who surprise you with their support and those who will hate you but at the end you can now be more honest to the world. And you are a woman after all. Girls are tough.

Being scared and wishing you never came out is normal. You don't want to hurt people around you but you never know what happens.

I am trying to think about what would have helped me in my first panic but I just don't know. It's the worst. You just will get better. And your family will get better. You are not selfish. I was accused if being selfish but there was just no other option if I wanted to live. People will see that. You will see. My spouse understood this after a year.

You will go through some major changes. People always underestimate that. This is not only a physical change.

shadowalex, BrookeVL and loepis like this.
  8. beckett413

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi Theresa
    I just joined this site. I am 47 and have been with the same man since I was 17. We have been married for 23 years and have two children. I have recently realized that I married for all the wrong reasons and am attracted to women. No one knows this about me, and my husband really doesn't deserve to be told that I never loved him like a wife should. I'm scared and dont know what to do.

9. shadowalex

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I completely agree with what Harjus said; you are not selfish for coming out.