1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating a 24 year old

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Riler91, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Riler91

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So im 15 and ive known i was gay for a few years, and never really dated anyone. There was one kid that we were talking for a few weeks then he moved. I met this guy a few months ago and we have been talking nonstop for months. Weve met up a few times but never done anything, except kissed acouple times. I know because hes older then me I shouldn't but he is super nice. He hasn't pressured me into anything he didn't know my age until a month into talking to me so he isnt a creep. I live in MA and the age of consent is 16. I was just looking for opinions if this is right or if i should stop talking to him

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As much as he may seem like a wonderful guy, this is a TERRIBLE idea. And as far as his not being a creep... not to rain on your parade, but he most likely had an idea that you were really young. And the fact that he's still talking about hanging out with you and kissing (and, most likely wanting to do other things) pretty much says he *is* a creep.

8 years difference at your age is a lifetime. It's half of your age. The difference in life experience, stage of life, everything else... there's no way this can be a healthy, emotionally balanced relationship... the power imbalance will be way too great.

Finally, a 24 year old guy who would go out with someone 8 years younger than he is... is not someone who is emotionally healthy in the first place.

You deserve someone who is healthy and from whom you can grow and develop healthy concepts for what a relationship looks like. This person isn't going to be the one who can do that for you.

3. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally wouldn't, but I guess when it's legal by the state you should be good in laws eyes. After he learned about your age, he should of cut off all contact.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would say he's a creep for still talking to you after learning you are 15 because you and he are at a very different stages in life. Even if you haven't really dated, you don't have to settle for this guy. You can find other guys who are close to your age.

5. CharacterStudy

That's a big age difference at that point in life, AND you're underage. He should have stepped away as soon as he knew your age.

I cannot imagine any 24 year old having a healthy interest in a 15 year old. It's very very different from a 44 year old seeing a 35 year old, because of the amount of maturing you do in your late teens and early twenties. Do you have a sister? One way that might show you how unhealthy this is is to consider what you'd feel if this was a 24 guy going after your 15 year old sister. I think alarm bells would be ringing.

6. Maya100

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just want to echo what everyone else has already said.
    It may upset you to hear that he is a creep because you like him but he really is one. I also wonder if there is some part of you that may think this yourself as you're asking this question? If one of your friends told you that they were seeing a man who was 8 years older than them what would you say to them? I cannot urge you enough to step away from this person, this is not going to turn out how you want it to & as said before this is not a healthy relationship or is going to be one.
    Take care of yourself