1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games You Regret Buying

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Blackangel, Aug 25, 2017.

1. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am solely a Nintendo gamer and I completely agree with Epic Mickey. It also seems like every Mario spin off I HATE (especially Inside Story and Dark Mansion)

2. Lyze of kiel

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hyrule warriors and other M. And I split payment for them with my brothers. Other M broke my wii, and hyrule warriors just was not for me. Other than that, nothing.

3. Blackangel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What system is Hyrule Warriors on? I'm assuming Switch? I'm also assuming it's a Legend of Zelda game. I'm a huge Zelda nut, but that doesn't mean I liked all of them.

I've never heard of Other M. What is it?

#23 Blackangel, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  4. davidpick

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Final fantasy.

5. Blackangel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Which Final Fantasy?

6. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wii U and 3DS. It's a major departure from the zelda style in that it's mainly just a giant beat-em-up where you kill hoards of enemies (It's literally Dynasty Warriors but with a Legend of Zelda skin). I thought it was a fun little game but I stopped caring about it pretty much immediately after the main campaign.

7. NotAPigeon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Minecraft, i played the game for almost 3 years using hacked clients because i couldn't buy it, but after i bought it i started to play less and less very fast till i finally stopped playing, but minecraft isnt bad (arguably) i just bought it too late

8. Umberson379

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Destiny 2 was my biggest regret so far. Then there was the division, sonic unleashed and any COD game that has ever hit the market.

9. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Infestation: Survivor Stories Classic.

10. HerRainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Probably Fifa 16 only because I don't know how to play the game so it gets boring.

11. shadowalex

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Plz don't hate on me but ... Kingdom Hearts Re Coded for the Nintendo DS (2011). This was my first Kingdom Hearts game and I absolutely hated it because I couldn't finished it and ironically it crashed a lot on me. I would constantly lose my save file.

#31 shadowalex, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  12. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's pretty unanimous by those who have played all the Kingdom Hearts games that Re: Coded was the worst in the series. It's a rehash of the original Kingdom Hearts plot wise that introduces almost nothing new to the series both from a story and from a gameplay standpoint and only had one thing important to it which was an answer to what is on Mickey's letter from the end of KH II but if you play Dream Drop Distance, you would not only find out what was on the letter anyway, you would also be playing a more enjoyable game in general.

#32 kibou97, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  13. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unpopular opinion but I just couldn't stand Fable 2.

14. Blackangel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My wife was crazy about the Fable series, and if I remember right, Fable 2 was her favorite.

15. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Need for speed most wanted , however I liked playing it with my lil friend online . My niece , we end up messing around on ramps a lot.

16. Etimos

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Act of Aggression, I have never seen a game where my opinions were so mixed I didn't know what to think of the game, honestly just stick with the original act of war, it's cheaper and better (I never liked the expansion, high treason, but most people do).

That and Fallout 4, my standards for RPGs went up a ton once I found Dwarf Fortress, and Fallout 4 just felt bland and uninteresting, none of the decisions mattered, and honestly it overall just wasn't fun. I don't know if fallout 3 is any better, my only memory of it was when I was 3-6 years old, and I was watching my brother kill some centaurs and I was horrified of them.

#36 Etimos, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  17. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lord of the Rings: The Third Age. Basically Lord of the Rings as a turn-based RPG similar to Final Fantasy X. The plot was boring and the characters were mostly generic rehashes of the members of the Fellowship. Add into the mix a forced love triangle between the main Gondorian character, an Elven archer, and a Rohan woman towards the end without any previous build up and it all just ends in a mess. Apparently the reason why the game was so bad was that EA Games only owned rights to the films at the time, so everything storywise had to be tied to the films or they'd face lawsuits by the Tolkien estate.

18. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Breath of Fire IV (PS1)

I loved Breath of Fire III because it was laid back and lighthearted and had pretty and colourful graphics and lovable characters. Then I played BOF 4 and it was so dreary. There were some improvements in mechanics, but the story was utterly depressing and the graphics were drab compared to 3. I couldn't get round to finishing it.

Golden Sun: dark Dawn (DS)

The first two games were amazing. This one came along, and while the dungeons and puzzles were quite fun, it was way too linear. You couldn't go back to places you visited earlier to collect stuff that you missed, like in the first two games and many other JRPGs, and I hated that. And the story had some totally ridiculous moments, such as when the city is being attacked by monsters, and a woman dies protecting a fucking dragon, and we even stop to bury her and place flowers on the grave while we're supposed to be fleeing for our lives. The whole game felt so rushed and we didn't get enough time to connect with the characters. This was indeed a dark day for an otherwise good RPG series.

Rise of the Argonauts (Xbox 360)

A game based on Greek Mythology. It should be right up my street. What a bucket of shit this game was. I was hoping for an RPG where I get to explore ancient Greece and recruit 50 or so heroes to help me sail off and retrieve the golden fleece. You recruit about 8 Argonauts, and only 4 of them are usable in combat. The ship itself is some sort of clockwork mechanism so it doesn't actually require any oarsmen, so that cuts the story right down. The map doesn't even try to be like Greece because some places that are main land locations in the real world are islands in this game. You don't do any sailing, you select your next destination form a list and the ship just arrives there. And Hercules is so big and slow that he easily gets overwhelmed by enemies and knocked down in every battle.

19. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I gave up on this game shortly after recruiting the Rohan woman. The reason I got fed up with it was because it took so freaking long to do everything. Every single basic move performed by a character in combat was like a slow motion cut scene that you couldn't skip through.

20. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You didn't miss anything special. The way I saw it EA was cashing in on the growing popularity of the films, and it was a poor attempt at that. I hear that Shadow of Mordor, on the other hand, is a pretty good game.