1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting Other Gay Guys in High School

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BlueBanana, Sep 26, 2017.

1. BlueBanana

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just started my Freshmen year of high school about a month ago. In that month I joined my school’s GSA and came out as gay. My hope for this year, is that I would start dating. I’ve only ever dated a girl in 7th grade who asked ME out when I was still in the closet. I really want to have an actual boyfriend. The only issue is that I can’t seem to meet any other gay guys in my school.
    There’s about 2,000 kids in my High School. That means a good couple have to be at least gay. I joined the GSA and I expected to meet gay guys except that on average 20-30 people come to the meetings and the ratio of girls/non-binary to guys is 10:1. Really frustrating.
    The only event I can think of meeting other gay guys is the LGBT Student Dance put on by the GSA every year. Apparently a lot of people go to it that aren’t in the GSA. That would be nice except a dance where everybody is dating one another isn’t somewhere where I can meet other single gay teens.
    One of my new friends is best friends with an 8th Grader who is gay, and she probably will be trying to set me up with him. The only issue there is that I am as old as some sophomores and I know age gaps don’t matter that much but in high school to middle school they do. It’s like a sophomore dating an 8th grader. I’d rather not do that especially since we don’t go to the same school.
    I’m taking an art class that mostly has people from all four grades trying to get their Fine Arts credit (I like art, that’s why I’m taking it). My other elective is a computer class that I doubt I’ll find many if any gay guys in. I’m not in theater but plan on taking it next year. What do I do. How do I meet other gay freshmen? I sort of expected it to all fall into place when I came out but nothing has happened. Any advice will be appreciated.

2. MikeWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Unfortunately not everyone is out, and some will take a while to come out. Just be patient and wait, eventually someone else might come out but its really a waiting game for now