1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've had my first kiss with P. and ...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by indipendenza, Sep 17, 2017.

1. indipendenza

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    HI!
    I absolutely need a wise advice from you.
    I am from South Italy and I've just spent three days in Barcelona with my best friend, Maria. Yesterday we were partying and Maria randomly knew P, a gay Catalan person, and introduced him to me (I'm gay as well). Aand we went for a walk, talked about our life projects and other serious topics, knew more deeply each other and ... :grin: WE KISSED!

After sitting on the pavement we looked both straight in our eyes and he asked me: "Have you ever kissed somebody?". I denied, and then he asked: "do you want to?". And gosh, I went with the flow and even if I felt so inexperienced I had such a memorable and magic first kiss. Time seemed to stop and ... well, amazing. We kissed for a long time. After we stopped we returned talking about random things and then came back to the party, where we rejoined our group of friends. He even said I kiss well for a first timer!
    When he was leaving I asked him his phone number, and then he said: "urmmm, give me yours!". He added me on his contact list. Everbody was really happy we clicked and there was even a girl who said we were a perfect match.

I'm perplexed because I'm afraid that he just wanted to kiss me randomly without the desire of establishing a proper relationship/friendship. - But then - I think - why did he insist so much in taking the walk and meeting me, and why did that girl say we were perfect for each other if it was supposed to be a casual hook up?-. I'd love to contact him and to be his friend: needless to say I'd adore to be his boyfriend, but we live in different states and I think it's sufficient to be friends and to let things potentially evolve. How should I handle this situation? I thought of getting his number with the help of Maria and to take the initiative personally by contacting him, but I don't want to sound needy or desperate. I don't even know if actually thinking of creating some kind of rapport with him is ridiculous ... I just feel so confused, happy to have met him and afraid he will disappear from my life (after all it was my very first kiss)! Maybe P. doesn't care of me at all and just wanted to have my phone number, without giving me his phone number, just to politely reject me ...

That being said, I'd love to hear some suggestions! What do you think of my plan of getting P.'s number with the help of Maria and contacting him? Please let me know! Thanks xoxo

ShortButSweet likes this.
  2. starlightonmars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad you had a great experience for your first kiss! I will say that since you guys seem to live in different countries (or at least that's what I got from this), there's a possibility it wouldn't translate into a relationship. Of course, that's not to say it couldn't! I imagine P. wanted to get to know you and does like you, but it seems to me (remember this is just my opinion) that it's a bit like a summer romance, where you have a crush on a person and kiss etc. but don't really take it further after the person leaves. I would personally say wait until P. messages you - he already gave you an answer about his number, and if you try and push it further it may seem a little keen, especially since he knows he was your first kiss. I honestly think you're going to meet lots of great guys and have plenty of other great kisses in your life, and you'll probably meet someone closer to home which would be better. Again just my opinion, because I completely understand the rush of emotions and the desire to start dating a boy and experiencing all these things you've probably been thinking about for a while! But I think playing it cool is the best option here and realising nothing will probably happen with this guy in the longterm (perhaps while you're still in Barcelona he'd be interested in a date or sex, but I can't see him wanting to date long distance) but enjoying it in the moment as it is. Of course I might be wrong, and I hope I am! But to avoid getting upset I'd go into things expecting nothing more than a good first kiss, so if anything else does happen it will be a nice addition but if nothing else happens you won't be too disappointed!

3. indipendenza

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Oooh thank you starlightonmars for the prompt reply!
    Yes I feel melancholic because I'd have loved to know him better (I already came back) but I guess you're right
    I'll wait for his potential response and in the (likely) event it will never arrive I will consider that event as it happened, ie as a nice kiss
    ☺️

4. Dylan1357

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your story is so cute, I envy you I would love for my first kiss to be like that. But I'm still waiting but never know it could happen tomorrow. (would be nice) Hope your relationship with him gets even better. Good luck! :thumbsup:

5. indipendenza

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks, I'm sure it will!
    At the very end I decided that I will send him a message where I'll thank him for the night and wish him good luck with his studies
    So at least we can say goodbye
    Do you think it's a good plan?

Dylan1357 likes this.
  6. Dylan1357

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah sounds fine to me.

7. indipendenza

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    he didn't even bother replying :frowning2:
    I'm feeling so sad

8. Dylan1357

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Or well he might soon or it was just a thing and you'll find another lad. :thumbsup:

9. indipendenza

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    sure I will!
    I now it was just an infatuation and not love, but still I feel so brutally sad because of all of this.
    I wished he didn't disappear like that.
    That being said, life goes on and I'm sure mine will be amazing (hopefully).
    Cheers!

Dylan1357 likes this.
  10. Dylan1357

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You'll get more lads bet your fit af, fit is another word for sexy in the UK if you didn't know.

11. indipendenza

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    HI!
    after six days he texted me apologizing for answering so late because "he was busy" and we started talking about random shit :blush:
    I'm bringing the topic alive again because from one side he says "it was a magical night" and "he's really interested in talking with me" and things, but from the other he takes ages to respond
    I'm confused because if he wanted he could have ignored me right away instead of ... uhm acting like this. He's nice and everything but he's leaving me perplexed :eyes:
    What do you think is going on?
    Also, a picture of a corgi dog for you: [​IMG]

12. Dylan1357

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Act like it’s fine for now but keep your guard up be safe. :thumbsup:

13. Cinnamon Bunny

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He probably just doesn't want to be the "bad guy". He's may be a nice guy who likes you enough to kiss, but isn't interested in pursuing a relationship for whatever reason. Someone who is interested won't leave you hanging, won't leave you confused, or avoid giving you his number. What you want isn't mutual.

Dylan1357 likes this.