1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you say to your younger self...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by looking for me, Sep 25, 2017.

1. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so a friend posted a video on the trans support page for the group I go to at the university, about what people would say to their younger selves. I said I didn't think I could without crying, because I was already crying from watching the video. but after I settled down I posted this;

ok, pulling my big girl pants up; what would i say to younger me. it's ok to like pretty things, dresses and skirts are cute, it's ok to like boys, as well as girls. you are NOT a freak, you are NOT stupid, you are a good person, you will have an amazing son, you will be free and it does get better, you are beautiful, you are kind, and you do deserve love, real unconditional love. and I love you so much.

so if you could, what would you say to a younger you?

2. MikeWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i would probably tell my self to come out soon and maybe spend more time talking with someone than sleeping through lunch

looking for me likes this.
  3. 13Matthias

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Never doubt yourself because everyone else will. Be who you are, not who they want you to be.

4. Nils

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If we're saying young like 11-12ish then...

"You're gay, also block every brony you see."

That's all that'd need to be said, I think.

5. Crisalide

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You feel isolated but it's not your fault, even if you're causing half of your isolation in a negative loop. Look more outside your little circle and you'll find open minded, warm hearted people who will care at least a bit about you. You won't be alone forever.
    Also: why did you stop making friends with guys? There's nothing wrong with that. Pretending to be like other girls and talking almost only with them will just feel bitter.

6. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think I could say anything. My life and experiences have made me the person that I am today, changing anything would risk changing the lives of those that I helped along the way and hurt those that I love.

Furthermore, my past wasn't easy and I've been through a lot but how can I really know that things would have been better if I changed something about it? Would my parents have responded differently if I came out as trans earlier in life? If they responded in the same way, would I have been able to cope with the rejection as I eventually did...

Life is a journey and every experience, every hardship and challenge are the building blocks of who we are today. Think of what you like about yourself, the qualities that you've developed over the years that make you the wonderful person that you are today, that's who you are, that's the person that your past has molded out of everything you've been through. Make the most of what you do have and look forward towards the endless possibilities that lie ahead and find hope in the knowledge that this is your life to live and your story to tell... :heartpulse:

#6 Eveline, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  7. denouement

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You were right about this gender stuff. You'll get through it. I know it's hard, but there are people just like you out there-- real people, living normal lives. You've seen them before, even if you didn't know it. And there are good people out there who will see you for the young man you are-- some day.

You're a good kid. I know it doesn't feel like it right now.

Also, go see MCR before they break up, you idiot. And do your homework.

8. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You aren't weird for wishing you were a girl. And that is absolutely NOT a normal thing that all guys do, guys actually LIKE being guys. You aren't a guy, stop doing guy things because you're "supposed to" and like what you like. You CAN totally be a girl, so do it.

9. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Now comes the irregular stuff:

Sit straight. Prepare for university not a few month before. Change your bloody school, even if you will be in debt because of it. Don't play so much with your cellphone.

Oh and your brain gets more controllable on T. And research what makes a proper therapist before encountering only damaging idiots.

BrookeVL and looking for me like this.
  10. rokara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd tell my younger self to just go ahead do what you need to do. Do your research and don't be afraid to take the steps necessary. Your family will be amazingly supportive and accepting of who you are. Own it, don't be afraid of yourself and keep your confidence up. All this will save you a decade of internal turmoil and winding up in a place you never fully wanted to be.

11. January G

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd probably tell my 7th grade self, "Stop hating women because you're jealous. Talk to people about your desires and trust your friends and family and just stop internalizing everything. Also, stop being mad at therapists, they mean well."

12. XefrAce

XefrAce Guest

I would tell my younger self that they are asexual, & possibly trans male. Then probably explain what both of those mean.

13. Lexa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't be afraid. Just unapologetically be you! You can do it. You're strong.