1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body Language

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Imnotme, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Imnotme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hey, I'm almost 100% positive that I'm transgender, ftm, yet I have one question. I show mostly female body language though I know I'm mentally a male. Is this normal? Am I not trans?

2. Crisalide

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If cis guys/men can have feminine mannerism, why transgender ones shouldn't? :wink:

newts, Romin and gravechild like this.
  3. Romin

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a good friend who is ftm and he wears skirts, and makeup and dyes his hair pink all the time. He's the cutest little angel and he is most definitely all boy

Body language is also often a learned behaviour. So, because you were raised as female, you have possibly learned female mannerisms and body language. I remember when I came out to myself as genderqueer, I finally allowed myself to be masculine and to take up space the way men do. It was liberating and it was what was right for me. As for my best friend who is a cis gay male, he was very masculine until he came out in college. Then, little by little, his mannerisms have changed to become more naturally feminine. He had been subconsciously subscribing to how cishet people believe body language should be divided among genders. After he came out, it allowed him to get past that mental block and he became very feminine, as is more natural to him.

Maybe think of it this way: Your body language is yours. Whether someone views it as feminine or masculine is up to them, and has nothing to do with your gender.

Some girls like to have a swagger. Some boys like to twirl around in skirts. It doesn't make them any less male or female.

I wish you the best of luck in everything <3

4. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I knew a boy who had very feminine body language. It all depends on the person, what influences they were exposed to when developing. But ultimately, it is your own. Just like talking with your hands is, or your facial expressions. You move the way you move and it doesn't matter what gender you are.

6. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I'm a girl and I still have masculine mannerisms (which are slowly starting to disappear) so you're good.